Raptor sd 54" or Gravley ztxl48

Eric21

Threads
I am about to buy a hustler raptor sd 54 in on Friday, I also looked at the gravley zt xl. The reason I am leaning more toward the hustler is the blade tip speed is a lot faster as well as the ground speed. I also like the tire size on the raptor sd. Anyone have a opinion on the 2 mowers? Also the hustler is 200$ less than the gravley with the 48" deck.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am about to buy a hustler raptor sd 54 in on Friday, I also looked at the gravley zt xl. The reason I am leaning more toward the hustler is the blade tip speed is a lot faster as well as the ground speed. I also like the tire size on the raptor sd. Anyone have a opinion on the 2 mowers? Also the hustler is 200$ less than the gravley with the 48" deck.

I'm not a big fan of the XL series Gravely's and would get the Raptor SD. I know it's considerably more, but I usually recommend the Gravely ZT HD as the high-end Residential ZTR to buy.

Eric21

Threads
Thanks that makes me feel a lot better with my decision, I had the dealer order me a raptor sd 54" and the optional engine guard. Just after I told him what I wanted I started 2nd guessing myself. My dealer sells both hustler and gravely, and he was pushing more toward the gravely.

JDubya88

Threads
I just purchased the Raptor SD 48". I would have gotten the 54", but my current yard and gates wouldn't allow for it. I looked at the Gravely's before I bought mine and they didn't look as well built and stout as my Hustler. It also didn't help that I was outside in 95 degree heat looking at the Gravely and none of the sales staff even bothered to come ask me what I was looking for. My Hustler dealer was great and very helpful. If you were former military, don't forget to ask for the 10% Hustler discount. I was able to get it through my dealer and it allowed me to step-up from the standard Raptor to the SD. You should love that 54" though, those drive tires look awesome! Good luck!

RetiredGuns

Threads
I think the comparison is really close. Each mower gives and gives up a few small things. Did you get the Hustler @ $3999 or better?

Big-Al

Threads
I just bought a hustler raptor sd 54. Mowed the 2nd time with it today. It mows great a lot better than my craftsman. AL

RetiredGuns

Threads
I just bought a hustler raptor sd 54. Mowed the 2nd time with it today. It mows great a lot better than my craftsman. AL

Don't want to derail the thread, but was the Crafstman a ZT? I live close to Sears and was looking at the ZT that was $300 more than my Raptor and for the life of me don't know how they could charge that much.

Eric21

Threads
Thanks guys, yes I got it for 3999

Last edited:

Big-Al

Threads
Lol no not a ZT craftsman, tractor type. This was my 12th season with it but it died . I looked around before I bought my Hustler. But back to the thread you will like your Raptor sd nice mower. AL