Export thread

Ranch King Won't Start

P

pantherguy

I apologize in advance, I am not a car or any auto expert or even novice. I have a Ranch King Pro 16.5 that I'm trying to get fired up for the first time this year. Last year, I had trouble with the battery, so I had to charge the battery every time before I could start it. I went to start it this year and the engine? just spins and never starts up. My dad is supposed to bring a spare battery over tomorrow but I wondered if that would even fix it. Any ideas on why the thing just spins? I'm sure there are a million and I'd welcome any suggestions.

Thanks.

reynoldston

reynoldston

No not a million just four. Are you getting fuel, spark, compression and is the timing right. This is all you need and it will run. Start with fuel, spray a little starting fluid in the carburetor and see if it fires, if not try a new spark plug. If there is much more you will need to do some mechanical work. Things to do, replace all filters and change the oil.

P

pantherguy

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. My dad knows quite a bit about autos, so I'll pass on these suggestions.

Thanks again.