Export thread

ranch king wont crack with key

C

ccarpen4753

I have an early 90's ranch king mower with a 12hp briggs motor. I cant figure out the wiring to get it to start with the key. I can bypass the solenoid(screwdriver across the posts) an get the motor to crank. I replaced the solenoid and the ignition switch, still wont engage starter. The new switch is a 6 pole, old one is a 5 dont know if this makes a difference or not. Traced all the wiring so frays or shorts. Oh i bypassed a small circuit breaker. I just dont have any ideas

N

noma

Hi Ccerpen 4753

The different switch might have something to do with safely switchs that is not connected . Back track your seat and clutch pedal blade safely switches and there may be more of them. That might be why there is 5 and 6 poles. Welcome to LMF :licking::rolleyes::cool:

W

webuyanymower.com

You do need to use the 5 pole switch they look the same externally but the internal contacts are different

C

ccarpen4753

Re: ranch king wont crank with key

ok i have the five pole and still nothing. checked all the safety switches. i dont know if they are working or not, but they are hooked up. I just need this thing to start how do i bypass all the safety crap. I tried to cut the wires and connect them together with no luck. I am thinking of just putting a push button on the solenoid, but im not sure if it will charge the battery(I am thinking it wont).

C

ccarpen4753

Well I figured it out the wire that supplies power to the switch was on the wrong side of the solenoid (DOH!!!!). It was like that when I got it and like it didnt dawn on me till I was checking where the voltage was goin and ding light bulb no power to switch. Argh well thanks for the help guys, appreciate it. And lesson learned.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I just don't see where their is any room on the LMF for ToineeUtept, They are a bunch disgusting pigs. :frown:

B

benski

I just don't see where their is any room on the LMF for ToineeUtept, They are a bunch disgusting pigs. :frown:

Where did this come from?:confused2: