R*tex 2 cycle snowblower

ss63

Threads
It has an B&S built in 09 ok got it with no key !, got it running with jumping out the 2 wires that go to switch now the weird part the jump clip fell off & it kept running so the only way to stop it was to idle it down till it stalled ! so why did it continue to run ? Thank you in advance

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to a good repair shop and they will have a key. I’m pretty sure it uses an INDAK key which is common key.

ss63

Threads
Thanks for your info. but someone damaged the switch how it stays running with jump-out fell off is a mystery ? O its a Toro

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You didn’t say the switch was bad in you first post, just missing the key. Any good repair shop which does snowblower’s will probably have a used switch in their graveyard. If you post the model and serial numbers I get you the part number for a new switch.

ss63

Threads
Thank you for this offer as my friend who gave me the machine has another with bad engine will give me a switch as he gave it to me to get running after many years just waiting on him to get switch out & to me but my big curiosity is why it stayed running wen jump clip fell off & the only way to stop it was idle it way down till it stopped ? ok been a small engine mechanic since 7 now 70 & that staying running is weird so this was the place to find an answer ? hope you had a nice TG