Push Lawn Mower trouble shooting question

Rocky1231

Threads
I just bought a troy built push mower off Craigslist. It wasn't running but Ive put a new air filter, cleaned the gas tank, and carb. However, it isn't running still. I put b12 chem tool in and it fired up but after I let it run through I put new gas in and now wont run? Do y'all have any idea on why this is?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you mix in gas can first , what do directions say about adding so many ounces of b12 per gallon of gas. Check and replace spark plug if needed, oil level also.

Rocky1231

Threads
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I wasn't clear I mixed in the chem tool with gas. It has a new plug and oil is good. However, it only cranks with the chemtool in the tank. I don't understand why it won't crank without it?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I wasn't clear I mixed in the chem tool with gas. It has a new plug and oil is good. However, it only cranks with the chemtool in the tank. I don't understand why it won't crank without it?

How does air filter look? fuel filter? Does it have a B&S engine? If it does you may need to adjust valves, camshaft has a compression release that will not work if valves are too loose. Post engine numbers, model xxxxxx, type xxxx, trim xx. Also post troy bilt model & serial numbers from mower.

Rocky1231

Threads
Ok I'll get those numbers and model to you. The air filter is new and this brand of mower does not have a fuel filter.

Rocky1231

Threads
It is a Briggs and Stratton motor. It's a 6.75 190cc. It's pretty worn down the numbers I think the motor number is 279461