pully belt problem?

platinumaa

Threads
hello all.. newbie here with a question.. i own a 2008 super LT 1550.. i just replaced the 3 blades and the main belt (which was ridiculously expensive, never bought one before).. when i turn on the PTO it doesnt have that smooth blade running condition like it had before.. i look down when im mowing and the belt has like a 2" +/_ wobble... not sure what that means, or if its suppose to be like that and i never noticed it.. if its not am i to assume pulleys need to be tightened? if so can someone lead me in the right direction as to how to tighten the belt

i appreciate the help
tony

noma

Threads
Hi Platinumaa

I think you need to look and see how you have the belt on the pulleys i think you have something wrong, there should be a diagram some where on the machine or your manual. If the belt is not going through the pulleys or around the pulleys right it will do that.The v type pulley is for the v part of the belt and the flat type pulleys are for the flat side of the belt and make sure the belt is in the middle of the flat pulley. I know those belts are expensive too and if you don't have the belt on the pulleys right it will ruin the belt pretty fast. Welcome aboard to LMF.:licking: