PTO Cub i1046

mindi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone replaced a PTO drive belt on an i1046 Timesaver..? have done 250 hours and some slippage apparent going uphill and suspect the belt may have stretched.Appreciate any advice.
John
Queensland Australia

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

You are asking about the PTO drive belt... But if it's slipping going UP a hill, I suspect it is the drive belt for the hydro pumps...
If that's the case, you need to remove the PTO belt from the electric clutch and then the drive belt on the small pulley above that.... this belt drives Both hydro pumps, just check closely the path before you remove the belt... take a few pictures to help on replacing it...
But before you remove the belts... check that the Idler pulleys and tension springs are in good shape...
a pulley or a spring failure will allow the belt to run loose, causing slippage... :smile:KennyV

mindi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kenny...thanks for that you are correct i was describing thhe belt weongly...it is what CC call the lower drive belt..which of course drives the two hydro units. I have now been told that replacement requirs removal of the deck and seat and clutch assy...and i think i will give it over to the local shop rather than attempt it myself. I have taken the mowing deck off and had a good look and the drive belt is almost broken through...so I can only asssume it has stretched badly..certainly feels loose. Thanks again your good advice

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good that it is 'only' the drive belt... Relatively easy fix.
You are just starting your mowing season as we are going into snow here in the states...
I'm sure I will be wishing for some of your summer heat as we progress into winter... :smile:KennyV