Property preservation

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a guy from California call me yesterday wanting me to cut grass on properties he was managing for $10 per cut.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Had a guy from California call me yesterday wanting me to cut grass on properties he was managing for $10 per cut.

Was he from coast 2 coast ?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those guys call me all the time I just laugh at them and hang up

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did a few for them that was within 3 miles of my house. Still made no money.

They email me crap all the time. I had to mark them as spam.

edd

Threads
i bid on a high school last month and whittled my bid down from 400 to 315......looked at it every way possible and only went that low to try and get my foot in the door for some other work.....winning bid was 250.......some of these companies hire cheap cheap labor and work them till they quit and then replace them with more.......there is no other real way to look at doing a job that big for as cheap as they bid it

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
i bid on a high school last month and whittled my bid down from 400 to 315......looked at it every way possible and only went that low to try and get my foot in the door for some other work.....winning bid was 250.......some of these companies hire cheap cheap labor and work them till they quit and then replace them with more.......there is no other real way to look at doing a job that big for as cheap as they bid it

Most that go that cheap do a suk azz job and won't last long.

I bid a job $150.00 over what I thought it should pay because I really did not want to do it. The next bid under me was $100.00 less then me.
We start it next week.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We just bid on a campground. Time will tell. I bid it as reasonable as I could and still make money. We will see.

Parkmower

Threads
We just bid on a campground. Time will tell. I bid it as reasonable as I could and still make money. We will see.

Campgrounds are tuff in summer. Cause there are campers there pretty much all summer everyday. Yeah less people mid week but still plenty to make it a pain.

edd

Threads
i dont think some contractors care about quality cut as long as they get the contract....these schools dont want to go thru a re bid hassle so they complain if something aint cut and it eventually gets fixed.......contract kept and work eventually done......i found out that they are paying to get the grass cut,not to have people comment on how good the grounds look