Export thread

Problem with height adjustment...wheels rubbing mower deck

G

Gracecase

This morning I could not adjust the height of the blade on my Troy Bilt walk behind mower because the wheels butted up against the mower deck and would not turn. I cannot figure out why I can not adjust the height as normal. It happens when I try to move the adjustment lever toward the front of the mower. Any thoughts on what is happening?

N

noma

Hi Gracecase

To move adjustment lever you have to push lever away from slots that hold the lever into the different adjustments spots.Maybe you need to oil or wd-40 the lever where it pivots at, it's rust or stuck and you can't move it very easy. Lube it up good that should help. Welcome to LMF:licking:

G

Gracecase

Hi. Thank you, but the lever moves perfectly fine. That is not my problem. Whenever I move the lever toward the front of the mower, the wheels do not adjust properly. Instead of moving up and down (which I presume is how it should work), the wheels move forward and rubs against the deck of the mower. I'm not sure if I'm describing it properly. I have not had any problems adjusting the height up until yesterday. Any thoughts?

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Hi. Thank you, but the lever moves perfectly fine. That is not my problem. Whenever I move the lever toward the front of the mower, the wheels do not adjust properly. Instead of moving up and down (which I presume is how it should work), the wheels move forward and rubs against the deck of the mower. I'm not sure if I'm describing it properly. I have not had any problems adjusting the height up until yesterday. Any thoughts?

Flip the mower up and see if the the whole assembly isn't loose. I think the nut may have backed off and now everthing is turning.
Post some puctures if you can and I think we can fix this reletively easily

G

Gracecase

Great! I'll give that a try and get back to you. Thanks for the help.

J

jhuls

I'm having the same problem. Troy bilt push mower model 080. Large rear wheel only adjusts to the 3 lowest settings. Wheel rubs against the deck at that point. Have looked for any info that helps. I think it's a design defect. Looking for answers also. Good Luck.