Power Fold Actuator Quit

Phil71

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any tips on removing a bad lift actuator? I've got a 3461 power fold deck and my actuator failed in the down mode w/ 2 spacers in. Flip switch to raise and I get motor chatter like when you hit the stops in a normal lift/lower function. Ordered a replacement and thought I'd take the old one off while waiting on new one. Went to remove the bolt holding the actuator out at the front of the deck and could tell it was in a bind and I'd have to drive it out. Stopped right there to try and find out if there is a "proper" or correct way to take the actuator off. Any tips appreciated.

gene_stl

Threads
You probably need to take the weight load of of it. How much did the new actuator cost. Mine is misbehaving similarly. It doesn't do anything when you operate the switch. Silence. Try jacking or levering the deck up a little.

Phil71

Forum Newbie
Threads
You probably need to take the weight load of of it. How much did the new actuator cost. Mine is misbehaving similarly. It doesn't do anything when you operate the switch. Silence. Try jacking or levering the deck up a little.
Thanks, I blocked up around the deck and that relaxed the actuator pins. One thing though, when I split the wire connector apart a lot of dust came out of the halves. I bounced the connectors a bit to shake any left out. Just curious I plugged them back together and hit the switch and it worked like it was a new one. You might check yours and if you have a volt meter you might check if you're getting voltage to the switch and thru to the motor when you push the switch in either direction. It cost me $790 w/tax to find all of this out. I got my machine new in 07' and this is the first major expense on it so I'm not really complaining. Good luck.