Repairs Poulon chain saw

kirkbrit

Threads
The gasline that goes through the fuel tank will not seal. I went to my local hardware store and they offerd me a kit for $10 with enough line to service 12 chain saws. In their regular store they sell vinyl tube by the foot for $1.
Needless to say I opted for the cheap but it too will not seal. Is there really something more to this clear fuel line tubing and where can I buy a reasonably priced foot of material?

I'm new here and hope I can ask about other than lawn mowers as this seems related and I'd like some input.

okiepc

Threads
Sounds like it is not the correct diameter to seal in the hole, check to be sure, might be a special size just for that model. :thumbsup:

kirkbrit

Threads
[QUOTE=okiepc;

Thanks okiepc but I don't think that is the problem. In theory the slightly larger diameter of the hose is what should make the seal but it doesn't. I certainly is difficult to get it started in a hole smaller than the OD of the tube. I find it hard to believe there are different vinyl tubing made and that is why I am asking. The cheap fix ought to work IMHO. I'll check it out none the less.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I work on a lot of poulan products, and all of the trimmers and saws that I have worked on use the .080 ID .140 OD and the 3/32 ID 3/16 OD lines. If there is a burr in one of the holes it could possibly prevent the line from sealing.

kirkbrit

Threads
Thank you Beecher City! I'll check that out. My local hardware store tends to get into my pocket and I try to avoid them whenever possible. Nice folks, deserve to make all they can but at $60 per hour a little too expensive and their minimum is $40 for something as simple as a spark plug. It seems to be the way of the world private workers trying to make out like Springfield politicians! :laughing:

FWIW I grew up in Carbondale, K-SIU educated. Have driven I 57 very many times from Marion to the Windy.