Buying Advice Poulan pro hedge trimmer

Dscheoeder83

Threads
I'm looking at a few poulan hedge trimmers for around home, I don't have a lot to trim but dad has mentioned being tired of dragging a cord (he's one of the guys that won't upgrade till it dies) he trims junipers and lilacs a few times of year. Was looking at the PP2822 and the 25HHT. The latter can be found on eBay around 120 shipped.

Any advice/thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Derek

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The main thing to pay attention to, is if the unit doesn't accerate smoothly, of just doesn't seem to run correct until good and warmed up, get it to a poulan dealer for carb adjustment. If done within a few days of purchase, poulan should cover it under warranty. So many of the new units are too lean from the factory, and can lead to engine problems in a short period of time.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the pp2822 its really quite an incredible machine as mentioned before I did need to adjust the carb after about 3 hours use.

Dscheoeder83

Threads
How's the vibration in it? Is the carb adjustment something you did or does it need to go in for that?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
How's the vibration in it? Is the carb adjustment something you did or does it need to go in for that?

I took it to a friend of mine he runs a little operation out of his garage selling and buying mowers.

The vibration is not bad about the same as echo models.

Who ever put the exhaust on it was retarded... if your cutting some angles the exhust is blowing directly into your face. That's really my only complaint so far but I've only used it maybe 20 hrs