Export thread

Poulan PP335 Carburetor Alternatives?

S

SpoolinV70

I'm pretty sure the problem with my non-running Poulan Pro PP335 trimmer is the carburetor. When I press the primer bulb, it doesn't fill with gas or build pressure like it should. I can see a small amount of fuel flowing from the smaller line into the left of the carburetor, and then through to the larger line into the primer bulb, but it's not enough to start the trimmer.
I thought maybe the lines were attached wrong, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I noticed when I remove the fuel cap, it releases pressure. Is it supposed to be vented?

If that's not the problem, it has to be the carburetor. I tried taking it apart and cleaning it (practically spotless inside anyway) but I really can't figure out how the fuel flows and if it's truly clean inside the passages, or if there's any other reason the bulb can't pull fuel through it.
Unfortunately the carburetor specified for this model is no longer available. What are my alternatives? Will this one work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor...var=422884333830&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I

ILENGINE

that is a different carb than what you have on your trimmer. I don't see any available part numbers in the parts lookup system. The reason that you cannot fill the primer and the primer pump is pressurizing the tank is because there are check valves inside the carb and one is stuck open. If you listen when you release the primer you will hear it sucking air through the center part of the carb. Also the fuel cap is a one way vented. allows air in but not out, hence the pressure in the tank.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Have the carb check out (service) and replace the pipes to and from the tank.

S

SpoolinV70

The fuel lines are all new.

Okay, that makes sense. Do you know of any diagrams of this carburetor? I can't find anything. All I can find about it is that it's a Walbro WTA-32, but that doesn't quite look the same either.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Is this the carb, if not can you post up the one you have.

Attachments

EngineMan

EngineMan

If the carb is no longer available you still should be able to find the gas kits for it, take off all the parts and match them up, Poulan is a Husqvarna owned brand.

S

SpoolinV70

Is this the carb, if not can you post up the one you have.

Yep, that's the one.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

ZAMA C1M-W44. Used on Craftsman versions of your trimmer. Should bolt on and work just fine although the choke is a little different (SimpleStart instead of standard.)

EngineMan

EngineMan

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carburet...576521?hash=item5b3a720b89:g:2uEAAOSw0j9ZSdjV

Poulan Carburetor 525810501

Part numbers:
Poulan 525810501
Replaces 545189602 & 545189601
Applications:
Poulan PP335 , PP335, PP330 , PPB330 , PPB330, PPB330 & PPB330

S

SpoolinV70

ZAMA C1M-W44. Used on Craftsman versions of your trimmer. Should bolt on and work just fine although the choke is a little different (SimpleStart instead of standard.)
Cool, if I can't fix it from a rebuild, I'll order one of those. Thanks!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carburet...576521?hash=item5b3a720b89:g:2uEAAOSw0j9ZSdjV

Part numbers:
Poulan 525810501
Applications:

Awesome, I'll probably go ahead and order one of those kits. Thanks for the link!

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Don't order it off the listing he posted, that one is in China and you'll still be waiting on it 2 weeks from now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K20-WAT-WA...636239?hash=item2f18543b0f:g:US0AAOSwfQxauG3Y

S

SpoolinV70

Don't order it off the listing he posted, that one is in China and you'll still be waiting on it 2 weeks from now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K20-WAT-WA...636239?hash=item2f18543b0f:g:US0AAOSwfQxauG3Y

Thanks, I'll go ahead and order that one.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

The fuel lines are all new.

Okay, that makes sense. Do you know of any diagrams of this carburetor? I can't find anything. All I can find about it is that it's a Walbro WTA-32, but that doesn't quite look the same either.

Spoon does your carb say WTA 32 on the body of it ??? That should be stamped right below the pump side of the carb right by the inlet nipple where your fuel line slips onto.....

If not then you will have to look inside of the crevice and you will see C1Q or C1C or something like that...... Walbro and Zama are totally different carbs.....

Yes they will both fit on your unit but the internals of the carbs are different....... Make sure you have a walbro carb before you order any kit.....

A picture of your carb or a you tube video would be VERY helpful to us identifying the carb you have.......

Let us Know Mon Ami ~!~!

EngineMan

EngineMan

If you can't get them in the USA why can't you wait for them from China, I don't have a problem with the post, in fact its better then the post in the UK...!

B

bertsmobile1

Part numbers:
Poulan 525810501
Applications:

I don't have problems with post from China.
In fact I get parts from China or the USA for that matter, a lot quicker than I can get them from a warehouse supposedly in Melbourne Aust 900 km to Sydney.

However I would be wary about buying from that particular vendor.
If you click on the "see other items" link it brings up 7,500 items and these range from Postpartum maternity corsetts , through a wide variety of lawn & garden items to computer printer parts.
This smacks of a clearance line vendor and that is exactly where you get carbs with solid main jets , or the right gaskets cut from the wrong materials that the QC department of the customer rejected.
The image shows no suppliers brand and there is no supplier mentioned in the description.
Finally he is retailing the kit at 25% of what my wholesaler lists them for which to me says too cheap to be good.
My wholesaler brings them in by the container load ( seen it being unloaded ) direct from the factory that makes them and assuming they make a 100% mark up or even a 200% mark up, that ebay vendor would be pushing it to be selling at profit, particularly after ebay & paypal fees.

S

SpoolinV70

I went with the one from the US seller. I've gotten these eBay kits before and have never had a problem with them. Of course, genuine parts are always better, but when you can't find them, your hands are tied.

S

SpoolinV70

Spoon does your carb say WTA 32 on the body of it ??? That should be stamped right below the pump side of the carb right by the inlet nipple where your fuel line slips onto.....

If not then you will have to look inside of the crevice and you will see C1Q or C1C or something like that...... Walbro and Zama are totally different carbs.....

Yes they will both fit on your unit but the internals of the carbs are different....... Make sure you have a walbro carb before you order any kit.....

A picture of your carb or a you tube video would be VERY helpful to us identifying the carb you have.......

Let us Know Mon Ami ~!~!

It says Walbro on it, but I haven't seen any stamps with the exact model number. The gaskets in the kit look exactly like what I removed when I had the carburetor apart, though.
It looks just like the picture EngineMan posted.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

If you can't get them in the USA why can't you wait for them from China, I don't have a problem with the post, in fact its better then the post in the UK...!

He is in South Carolina. The part will arrive faster from a few states away than it will from halfway across the world.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

I don't have problems with post from China.
In fact I get parts from China or the USA for that matter, a lot quicker than I can get them from a warehouse supposedly in Melbourne Aust 900 km to Sydney.

However I would be wary about buying from that particular vendor.
If you click on the "see other items" link it brings up 7,500 items and these range from Postpartum maternity corsetts , through a wide variety of lawn & garden items to computer printer parts.
This smacks of a clearance line vendor and that is exactly where you get carbs with solid main jets , or the right gaskets cut from the wrong materials that the QC department of the customer rejected.
The image shows no suppliers brand and there is no supplier mentioned in the description.
Finally he is retailing the kit at 25% of what my wholesaler lists them for which to me says too cheap to be good.
My wholesaler brings them in by the container load ( seen it being unloaded ) direct from the factory that makes them and assuming they make a 100% mark up or even a 200% mark up, that ebay vendor would be pushing it to be selling at profit, particularly after ebay & paypal fees.

I imagine it's a cheap Chinese kit, but this is one instance in which I will recommend Chinese parts. Never had a problem with Chinese carb gaskets for the 2 cycles, just don't use the metering spring.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

It says Walbro on it, but I haven't seen any stamps with the exact model number. The gaskets in the kit look exactly like what I removed when I had the carburetor apart, though.
It looks just like the picture EngineMan posted.

It's a WTA 31 or 32 unless someone put a different carb on. That's the only carb used on this model.

EngineMan

EngineMan

And when you do fit them, make sure you fit them the right way, so many make mistakes in putting them the wrong way round. good luck....let us know when its running.

S

SpoolinV70

It's a WTA 31 or 32 unless someone put a different carb on. That's the only carb used on this model.
Great, that's what I thought.
And when you do fit them, make sure you fit them the right way, so many make mistakes in putting them the wrong way round. good luck....let us know when its running.

For sure! Yeah, I've made the mistake of taking things apart before having the parts to put it back together... it's much easier to just wait and do the whole job while the order of things is still fresh in your mind.

Thanks!

S

SpoolinV70

Got it all back together after rebuilding, and still nothing. I just don't get it. The tank is pressurizing, but there is no fuel coming through the line.
I ended up taking off the jets on the side to clean them out, and in the process I broke the other end of the throttle shaft. Unfortunately I can't find parts specifically for this carburetor, so I may have to find a way to JB Weld it or something.
At this point though, it's probably best to just replace the carburetor. I have no idea what else could be preventing fuel flow. The carburetor is spotless inside.
Where can I find a Walbro WTA-32, or an alternative that will work with my trimmer?

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

S

SpoolinV70

I’ll take a look at it, hopefully that will finally get this trimmer going.
Thanks!

B

bertsmobile1

Got it all back together after rebuilding, and still nothing. I just don't get it. The tank is pressurizing, but there is no fuel coming through the line.
I ended up taking off the jets on the side to clean them out, and in the process I broke the other end of the throttle shaft. Unfortunately I can't find parts specifically for this carburetor, so I may have to find a way to JB Weld it or something.
At this point though, it's probably best to just replace the carburetor. I have no idea what else could be preventing fuel flow. The carburetor is spotless inside.
Where can I find a Walbro WTA-32, or an alternative that will work with my trimmer?

Are you sure you have it plumbed up correctly.
the fuel pick up goes to the carb and the return line goes to the primer bulb.
Some varaitions of that carb have internal check valves so if you have it back to front no fuel will flow through it.
\There is also an internal filter which gets clogged up, particularly if you are using a Walbro felt fuel filter.

The Walbro web site has a complete break down of the carb and a full repair manual ( link is on the bottom right corner of the page )

S

SpoolinV70

Are you sure you have it plumbed up correctly.
the fuel pick up goes to the carb and the return line goes to the primer bulb.
Some varaitions of that carb have internal check valves so if you have it back to front no fuel will flow through it.
\There is also an internal filter which gets clogged up, particularly if you are using a Walbro felt fuel filter.

The Walbro web site has a complete break down of the carb and a full repair manual ( link is on the bottom right corner of the page )

I haven't been able to find any resources for the WTA-32 carburetor.

When I thought I had the lines backwards, I did get fuel in the carb and the primer bulb filled and was pressurized, but it still wouldn't start and there was fuel pouring out of the air filter.
At that point, the lines were probably on correctly, but it still didn't run, so I assumed I was wrong. The carburetor is probably shot anyway.

B

bertsmobile1

I haven't been able to find any resources for the WTA-32 carburetor.

When I thought I had the lines backwards, I did get fuel in the carb and the primer bulb filled and was pressurized, but it still wouldn't start and there was fuel pouring out of the air filter.
At that point, the lines were probably on correctly, but it still didn't run, so I assumed I was wrong. The carburetor is probably shot anyway.

Well it is right there.
Go to the Walbro web page.
Select lawn & garden
Select parts & service
service manuals are right where I said they were , bottom ring corner of the page.
WT series has the service information.
Type in the numbers electro etched on your carb & it bring up the parts breakdown for your particular variation.