poulan p3314 hard to start

bebuzz69

Threads
iam new at this chain saw business and is it my imagination or do these have a nak to starting them, I put it on the ground and pull the starter but it dam near lifts me off the ground. it feels like its catching on something but I take the plug out and its smooth pu;;ing,do these have that much compression.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Should have about 120 psi when new. Part of the problem may be related to the ignition timing. They have to advance the timing so much to meet emission standards, that it causes kickback sometimes. I have had the rope jerked out of my hand several times. The saws with the spring start assist are a little easier, but I have seen more than one saw destroy the assist spring from kickback, and hard to crank over situations.

The easiest way I have found the start most saws without the spring assist, is to take the slack out of the starter rope until you hit compression, and then pull hard and fast to roll it over as fast as possible. Persons with limited upper body strength or have age related issues, may not be able to start some of the newer saws, or lawnmowers for that matter.