poulan countervibe 3700 questions

chainsaw fanatic 12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, new member here. But ive been trying to fix up this new to me poulan countervibe 3700 chainsaw that I picked up at a yard sale for 5 bucks. (got it for half price:thumbsup: but i figured i could scrap it for almost that so i picked it up). Anyways, i got lady said it did run so i brought it home and put some 40:1 fuel in it and tried to start it but no dice. then i tore the carb apart and cleaned it then put it all back together and tried it and it ran. it needed a little help with some gas down the throat of that carb but she ran but the carb needed adjusting. but it was late that night and i was exited that i got it running at least and the next day i would adjust the high and low screws when it was running. but the next day it wouldnt start. not off of anything. yesterday i took it out and it did fire but only with gas down the carb and it on 1/2 choke. Ive looked around for new carbs on the interweb but didnt have any luck. I figured since its an old saw (i think its around the 80's and it has a manual bar oil applicator so it has to be old!:laughing:) but my question is what sounds like the problem? is this saw something that i should fix? could one of you lawn pros find me a new carb? or even a rebuild kit for it if the carb is my problem? it looks to be a walbro, hdb 8c. its a big saw like i would say mid 50's to low 60cc wise. and its got a 20 inch bar on it. the chain is shot too. I will try to get pictures up in the morning if needed. thanks guys have a good one and thanks in advance.

metz12

Threads
welcome to the forum! it sounds like you need a rebuild but wait for some other guys to comment. they are better then me at this sort of thing. and also where are you located in ri? i also live in ri

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Carb kit is a K10-HDB I would check compression and make sure it is above 90 psi before proceeding too far into this project.

metz12

Threads
A compression test would definitely be a good idea.

twinfords

Threads
you have a 61cc saw there, check fuel lines and fuel filter first, check compression. spark etc. rebuild carb and she should be a great runner. I will give you $50.00 shipped for it. :eek:)