poulan blowers

rustyblade

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've worked on three of them in the past six months. One i had to replace the piston and rings. Luckily the cylinder wall was not too bad. The carberator was loose, and i saw signs of over heating by looking at the plug and exhaust. The second one the piston,rings and cylinder was shot. The third one was acting like it was flooding, (maybe) when trying to start. Are these units coming from the factory not adjusted correctly? Since they are a 40:1 mixture,should they be using synthetic oil? I have heard of complaints on these units. Thanks for any input to tell people what to look out for in caring for these units.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First off the problem is no longer just poulan. I am seeing it on earthquake tillers, MTD trimmers and blower, Southland trimmers, Remington trimmers. They are coming from the factory with the carb set to meet emissions, but they are too lean to run correctly. Won't idle unless you turn the idle screw in all the way. Won't rev up properly. I probably adjust over 200 carbs a year within the various brands, and see about 10 a week that are too late to adjust.

Poulan warranty use to be, "we don't care what it cost to fix, just fix it." Now the policy is "if the cost of repair will exceed 50% of the unit cost call us and we will send a replacement unit." I had a guy with a Poulan pole trimmer this year that they replaced with a Husqvarna unit.

jojr39

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hav a weed trimmer i replaced fule line when i primed it up gas went onto airfilter, i am unsure what i did, maybe crossed lines. Did i ruin this weed trimmer??? Please advise thanks

rustyblade

Forum Newbie
Threads
First off the problem is no longer just poulan. I am seeing it on earthquake tillers, MTD trimmers and blower, Southland trimmers, Remington trimmers. They are coming from the factory with the carb set to meet emissions, but they are too lean to run correctly. Won't idle unless you turn the idle screw in all the way. Won't rev up properly. I probably adjust over 200 carbs a year within the various brands, and see about 10 a week that are too late to adjust.

Poulan warranty use to be, "we don't care what it cost to fix, just fix it." Now the policy is "if the cost of repair will exceed 50% of the unit cost call us and we will send a replacement unit." I had a guy with a Poulan pole trimmer this year that they replaced with a Husqvarna unit.

Thank you very much!