Export thread

Post Picture of your Ventrac!

Ventrac

Ventrac

I know there are threads about posting pictures of your lawn mower, but how about one for just Ventrac! It can be brand new, cleaned, muddy, etc. but let's see them! :thumbsup:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Snow 2010.jpgFeb 2010.jpgVentrac Mower.jpg
The Deck flips up to work underneath - these are the Meg-Mo bladesMeg-Mo Blades 2.jpg

Just a few !

Attachments

S

Slater

Nice photos! I am planning on uploading some soon when I get a chance to take some, the grass is growing so fast :thumbsup:

BKBrown

BKBrown

FebSnow1.jpg FebSnow2.jpg Snow 2010.jpg
I keep forgetting to take the camera with me - so these are taken by neighbors. :biggrin:

Nice photos! I am planning on uploading some soon when I get a chance to take some, the grass is growing so fast :thumbsup:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Well, I broke down and did it. I found out that Ventrac was not going to be putting the 31 Hp Water cooled Briggs in the 4200 series after this year (because of new EPA regs). I ordered an 4231 WC - Just got pictures of it at the factory crated and ready to ship to my dealer.
{Thanks Dustin}
Here is my new baby ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:
In Crate 1.jpg In Crate 2.jpg In Crate 3.jpg

BKBrown

BKBrown

I forgot to mention that my current tractor ans Serial # 1563 and the new one is #4263 -- exactly 2700 apart. How unlikely is it that anyone would get 2 Serial #s that end in 63 with 7 years between them ? (this was not planned) :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Ventrac

Ventrac

:cool2: Great purchase and we hope you enjoy it as much as you have enjoyed your previous unit! Hopefully your "old" one finds a good home :thumbsup:

BKBrown

BKBrown

THANKS Dustin !
I have neighbors that want to trade in their Kubota CUT for my "old" one {if their financial situation allows} ! :smile:
When we had the two 20+" snows I got the Snow Blower attached and cleaned their long steep drive while they were still trying to get the snow blower on theirs. When their drive was clean they gave up on attaching their blower. Later (after cleaning out other neighbors) I found they had their 4WD Kubota stuck and I pulled them out.
GEE - I wonder why they want my VENTRAC ?????? :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

S

Slater

That is awesome BK! Get some more pictures when you get it, then I can really drool :licking:

BKBrown

BKBrown

Thanks Slater !

I'll try to remember the camera and not JUST enjoy it myself ! :rolleyes:

JDgreen

JDgreen

I forgot to mention that my current tractor ans Serial # 1563 and the new one is #4263 -- exactly 2700 apart. How unlikely is it that anyone would get 2 Serial #s that end in 63 with 7 years between them ? (this was not planned) :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Do I interpret that as meaning they only sell about 400 units per year?

BKBrown

BKBrown

I would guess that it is 2700 of this particular model - 4231
Mine is the 4231 (Vanguard Briggs /Dihatsu 3 cyl 31 Hp Water Cooled Gas) .

The 4000 series has:
Air Cooled- 4131 (Vanguard 31 Hp Gas 2 cyl)

Water Cooled -
4227 (Kawasaki 27 Hp 2 cyl Gas)
4226D (Vanguard 26.5 Hp 3 cyl Diesel)
4231 (what I have now and will have NEW)
4231TD (Vanguard 31 Hp 3 cyl Turbo Diesel)

I'm sure Ventrac will have an answer on the numbers.

In any case... I'm glad I'll be getting one of the last 4231 Gas Water Cooled ! :thumbsup:

BKBrown

BKBrown

New 4231 Here 1.jpg
New 4231 Here 2.jpg

Here is my NEW 4231 Gas being delivered ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

More pictures to follow (when I get the camera out instead of playing with the New Toy).
More ! :biggrin:
New 4231 Here 3.jpg
New 4231 Here 4.jpg
New 4231 Here 5.jpg

Ventrac

Ventrac

Looks awesome BK!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
You have inspired me to take a few photos of my tractor :biggrin:
(No criticizing how dirty it is :laughing:)
16glo2c.jpg

Roughly 20 degree slope by the highway
o07y1t.jpg

2vto6yo.jpg

25ivep5.jpg

BKBrown

BKBrown

Thanks, and Great pictures of your machine and the striping job ! :thumbsup:

twall

twall

Do I interpret that as meaning they only sell about 400 units per year?

Well, when they cost $650,000 apiece, how many do you really need to sell? :biggrin:

Congrats on the new toy, BK!

Ventrac, your machine seems to look like (from the front) an old Kirby G4, in 1954 Sanitronic colors. Was that the inspiration, and is someone high up in the Ventrac organization married to someone in the Kirby organization? :wink:

My Kirby G4 Pics complete with driver, and driver asleep at the helm! (NO, I DIDN'T STEAL THE CAT FROM JD!!!!)

Attachments

BKBrown

BKBrown

BELIEVE ME, If they were $650,000 each..... I would never have one !

Thanks Guys !

I couldn't mistake a Ventrac for a Kirby -- I've spent hours behind a Kirby too - Carpet, Floor Buffer, and Hose --- Plus it works great for fogging a chicken coup with Sevin Dust. (between batches of chickens)

BTW... I asked and was told about 400 of that particular model the 4200 / 31 Hp. Gas Water Cooled

Ventrac

Ventrac

Well, when they cost $650,000 apiece, how many do you really need to sell? :biggrin:

Congrats on the new toy, BK!

Ventrac, your machine seems to look like (from the front) an old Kirby G4, in 1954 colors. Was that the inspiration? :wink:

He's back!
I knew it was only a matter of time before we heard from you :biggrin:
$650,000?!?!? If that is what it takes you to purchase one then whatever works for you :wink:
When you say Kirby G4, are you talking about the old vacuum? That's the only Kirby G4 I can think about :laughing:

Edit: I see you added the picture of your sweeper, are you implying that I would look like your cat if I sat on the tractor :)

twall

twall

Oh - c'mon, BK.......we know how you old guys are........

Play the pauper, too poor for a new toothbrush, but if JD or your favorite brand comes out with a new toy? BAM! Then you're one of the Rockefellers, and have money comin' out your ears..............

You know I'm messin with you........Ventrac, too......although I doubt you'd EVER be as cute as my kitten, and your machine never as sexy as my restored garbage find G4! (yes, restored myself!)

Ventrac

Ventrac

It is a pretty cute kitten, but JD might have something to say, his is pretty cute too :smile:

Hey does your Kirby have a flip up sweeper design? :laughing:

twall

twall

Hey does your Kirby have a flip up sweeper design? :laughing:

I got more attachments than a Ventrac, buddy...:wink:

Ventrac

Ventrac

I got more attachments than a Ventrac, buddy...:wink:

Might need to get me one of those, my 2010 sweeper keeps breaking the belt :thumbdown:

twall

twall

Might need to get me one of those, my 2010 sweeper keeps braking the belt :thumbdown:

I hate to egg this on, but a Kirby? That keeps breaking the belt, I mean.

Ventrac

Ventrac

I hate to egg this on, but a Kirby? That keeps breaking the belt, I mean.

Nonono, my 2010 Bissell Powerforce keeps breaking its belt, I don't have a Kirby, maybe I need to go check out the dump and restore one myself :laughing:

BTW twall, thanks for the always great wit and banter :) That is why we have missed you around here!

T

toro5xi

Well, after stuffing myself on Turkey thought I would take a break and post some pictures.

Took off the mower deck and mounted the blade, although hoping it will be a little while before I need to use it.

I made the plow wings because I was unable to find any. The plow already had holes in it so it was not too tough to make and mount some wings. The black parts on the plow I made from 1 inch think rubber blocks. They seem to help scrape the snow.

Would love to see some more pics of the 3000 series.

Attachments

BKBrown

BKBrown

Toro5xi,
Where did you find that rubber ???

I don't know that I have a need for it, but would like to know the source.

Are those the stock tires on the front ?

Sorry, I don't have pictures of the 3000 series - mine is the 4231.

T

toro5xi

Hi BK

I think I just got them off of Ebay. I kept looking for rubber cutting edges but did not need to the whole piece and happened to stumble on these pieces.

I have the knobby tires all around.

I bought my Ventrac when they were doing that promotion 2 years ago where you bought the 3000 series and got 3 attachments. I really did not need a cutting deck at that point so my dealer let me get the diesel unit and not the cutting deck. I purchased the unit from Bairs in Canton and they have been good to deal with.

The only thing I wish ventrac had done if possible was make the attachments inter changeable for the 3000 series and 4000 series. I have priced some of the 4000 series but hate to trade in my cutting deck and stump grinder. I may try to sell myself at some point.

No way do I need a 4000 series but I have an addiction.

BKBrown

BKBrown

I know this has been mentioned before, but I still believe that the difference in the 3000 and 4000 attachments is mainly that the drive pulley for the power attachments is vertical for the 4000 and horizontal for the 3000. I am guessing that it is because the rear engine makes it easier to transfer the power up front on horizontal pulleys.
On the other subject - I have resisted doing ebay, facebook, twitter and other things like that.
I didn't need to trade in my 2004 4231 Gas Liquid Cooled unit, but when I found out that they were not goint to be offering it anymore (because of EPA regs on the engine) I decided to trade in mine with nearly 900 hours. I had ZERO engine problems with the first one and expect the same with this one.

T

toro5xi

Hi BK

What do you use your unit for primarily? I only have 70 hours so far in 2 years. My yard is just not very big. I really bought the 3223 for snow plowing and moving dirt and I just thought it was an awesome machine.

In 900 hours have you had any maintenance issues?

BKBrown

BKBrown

Hi,
We have 10 acres and the only part that is close to level is the lawn (about 1/2 acre), but that is not all I mow. I mow about 3.5 acres on our property (some is the back of the dam & part of that is nearly a 40 degree slope) I also mow a big portion of my 85 year old neighbor's (I'd say about 6 acres) some of that is field and slope so that part gets mower raised to max.

I don't know what the "primary" use is because I sometimes have dirt or logs to move or grading to do here or at some of the neighbors and quite often our road needs work after the State grades it (they sometimes leave it worse than they found it).

Let's just say that I have the 60" mower, the 60" dozer/snow blade, the excavator bucket, the lawn aerator, the leaf blower, a spreader (for both seed and sanding the road), 300 Lbs of suitcase weights, AND the 60" Snow Blower that has been used heavily when we had 2 snows that were recorded around 2' close together and some more around the same time. The Ventrac plowed out 9 long (some steep) Driveways and over 1/2 mile of road and never missed a beat with snow over 2' deep. With the chains on, it pulled out 4WD vehicles and one neighbor's 4WD Kubota :biggrin: :thumbsup:. I use them all - sometimes with one on the front and another on the rear. Also have and use the dual wheel set when I'm going on steep slopes and when I need to pull something where traction is a must.

I had NO problems with engine in nearly 900 hours and now the 2nd unit with nearly 80 hours. I change oil and filter regularly and use Amsoil Synthetic and good filters. Keep all the grease fittings lubricated and just generally take care of the tractor, but don't baby it at all. I truly use it as a multi-Purpose machine and it does not let me down.

This machine continues to impress and amaze everyone who sees what it can and will do.

Hope that wasn't too long --- If you can't tell :rolleyes: ---- I LOVE my Ventrac ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

S

Slater

Nice picture toro! :thumbsup:
I have a little over 1.25 acres that I mow, one area around 25 degrees. Plow out my drive and the neighbors during the winter.
I also am mowing a friends house that is probably 2.5acres.
I have around 300hrs on my 3223D and have had no problems with it.
Like BKBrown said, I change the oil and filters at the proper intervals (I also use synthetic) and grease all the fittings.
Not to say you couldn't have a problem with yours, but like most things, if you take care of them they will last you a long time (I shouldn't say most things now that everything seems to be made to last 1 year then break :thumbdown:)

I expect my Ventrac to last me till I can pass it down or until I get a larger place and get a 4000 :biggrin: But the 3000 is a beautiful machine and I think if I ever do upgrade I will be sad to lose it.

T

toro5xi

Glad to hear about the great reliability you all have had.

I used Mobil 1 and the factory oil filter. I am looking to perform a greasing again before the snow comes. Other than cleaning the radiator screens I have not done any other maintenance.

I am pretty competent mechanically but I will share one blunder I did make on my 3223d. I wanted to be able to put on a light for snow plowing once in a while so I purchased the accessory electrical kit to plug it in. Well I did not hook up the ground wire properly so it back fed through throttle cable and locked up the cable. It got hot in a hurry. Guess I should have had the dealer hook it up, I think the replacement throttle cost me around $30.:frown:

BKBrown

BKBrown

No big deal - we all make mistakes - as long as you learned from it and are more careful about such things in the future $30 isn't that much for a good learning experience. It could have been much worse. and the dealer installing it probably would have cost more than the $30. :biggrin:
Glad to hear about the great reliability you all have had.

I used Mobil 1 and the factory oil filter. I am looking to perform a greasing again before the snow comes. Other than cleaning the radiator screens I have not done any other maintenance.

I am pretty competent mechanically but I will share one blunder I did make on my 3223d. I wanted to be able to put on a light for snow plowing once in a while so I purchased the accessory electrical kit to plug it in. Well I did not hook up the ground wire properly so it back fed through throttle cable and locked up the cable. It got hot in a hurry. Guess I should have had the dealer hook it up, I think the replacement throttle cost me around $30.:frown:

S

Slater

No big deal - we all make mistakes - as long as you learned from it and are more careful about such things in the future $30 isn't that much for a good learning experience. It could have been much worse. and the dealer installing it probably would have cost more than the $30. :biggrin:

Exactly what I thought. At least you got to know your tractor a little bit better :thumbsup:
I had to adjust my weight transfer spring just a little bit. Didn't cost me anything just a little bit of time and I learned a bit in the process :smile:

R

Raw Dodge

First ones mine the day I picked it up,2nd is a few hrs later after tearing into the 31hp 950G engine....

Attachments

BKBrown

BKBrown

Nice 4231 - Why did you need to open up the engine ? My 2004 had nearly 900 trouble free hours. Now have one of the last Gas engine models that Ventrac made and expect it to last longer than I do. :biggrin:

First ones mine the day I picked it up,2nd is a few hrs later after tearing into the 31hp 950G engine....

S

Slater

Nice 4231 - Why did you need to open up the engine ? My 2004 had nearly 900 trouble free hours. Now have one of the last Gas engine models that Ventrac made and expect it to last longer than I do. :biggrin:

BKBrown, refer to his post here :eek:
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/ventrac-forum/7406-4231-engine.html#post52873

R

Raw Dodge

900 hrs is just breaking in....the best engines can still be destroyed by a few stupid moves,and lack of maintenance....

BKBrown

BKBrown

I know 900 Hours is not much for that engine. I have been told (by someone I believe) that one was traded in with just shy of 10,000 hours and only good general care and regular oil and filters.
I was just wondering if you knew what caused the need to tear it down ?
OK - I see in your other thread about this engine that someone used straight water without antifreeze (DUMB).

I LOVE my Ventrac. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

R

Raw Dodge

ForumRunner_20121022_230716.png

Here's a picture of my machine with the duals..

R

Raw Dodge

Here's my Ventrac surrounded by the dixie choppers.

ForumRunner_20121022_230857.png

slammed

slammed

[video]http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=481695441861487[/video]Heres mine

Attachments

BKBrown

BKBrown

Tight fit in that garage - nice machine, I'm sure you will enjoy it ! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

slammed

slammed

Tight fit in that garage - nice machine, I'm sure you will enjoy it ! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Just a little tight but I don't bother me. And I do enjoy it.:thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

View attachment 9328

Here's a picture of my machine with the duals..

Here's my Ventrac surrounded by the dixie choppers.

View attachment 9329

Sweet! Nice mowers! :thumbsup:

R

Raw Dodge

Thank you..

D

dnrsslr

This was blowing snow two years ago when we actually had snow!

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This was blowing snow two years ago when we actually had snow!

Nice! I know....I hope we have more snow than we had last year!!!

R

Raw Dodge

Here's a picture of my Ventrac with the old Steiner from our golf course, this steiner has about 11-12k hours on it... If it could talk.. The stories it would tell...

ForumRunner_20130701_102201.png

R

Raw Dodge

Tug of war! Steiner vs Ventrac.. My oldest son is on the ventrac and I'm on the Steiner... Weights were within 50lbs of each other but the weight on the ventrac was much more evenly distributed.. Steiner had 5 suitcase weights and my big butt on it.. Being air cooled the front end is light. The homemade dozer blade isn't even 50lbs..There was no clear winner we bit dug into the stone /dirt. I backed out of the holes and my son used the momentum to drag me back from that point . once he had me going I couldn't stop him.. It was fun..

R

Raw Dodge

ForumRunner_20130701_105158.png

ForumRunner_20130701_105206.png

murph

murph

Here's mine

Attachments

N

nickfire20

IMG_0243.jpgIMG_0248.jpgIMG_0288.jpg

Here is my 2006 Ventrac 4100 gas. I lucked out here! I inherited this machine as a perk when we bought our house in May. We have 2 acres, of which, at least half is on very hilly terrain, easily 25% grade if not more! Sometimes I think the dual wheels would be better for our scenario. I still slip a lot if mowing horizontal. The rig runs great, once I figured out the low/high switch. It has 4 suitcase weights on the rear and a 72" mower deck. I had to put out over $1300 for a rear transaxle hydro leak a couple months back. I am currently in the market for a plow/blade for it. I also just added new LED headlights, and switched the rear bulbs out to green LED's. I also purchased a small pull behind wagon, for multiple uses, plus scary hay rides for the kids :)

D

dnrsslr

Just upgraded from 3000 to 3400 tractor. Love it!

IMG_20170831_182710.jpg

T

Tokslut

Just bought my firt Ventrac!

I just have ~20.000 square feet of gras here in Sweden that needs to be cut and some snow in the winter time. so and old 1999 3000 with 545h on it is good enough for me. I was looking for a good mower with power steering and 4wd and here I am :)

I hade Husqvarna and Stiga Park before (rwd), but this is way better to drive! Stiga Park was a better cutter, but I have a Robot for the gras around the house so no worries.

The Husqvarna was not good at anything...

I'm planning to add an hydraulic lift for the cutting deck, way to heavy for my back to lift up as is

/Stefan

Attachments