Export thread

Please help, need BELT DIAGRAM: Snapper 48 pro walk behind

Chattanooga.Waylon

Chattanooga.Waylon

Thanks! I am also trying to ID the mower as accurately as i can so i can locate a repair manual. I apologize in advance if these need moved or merged. Thank you.

StarTech

StarTech

This assumes SW30 series.
1645902082654.png

Chattanooga.Waylon

Chattanooga.Waylon

This assumes SW30 series.
No, these aren’t it either. Got anything else?

StarTech

StarTech

Oh Well it was a shot in the dark. I cant access to link posted. Besides you didn't specify deck or drive belt.

R

Rivets

More than likely an SW20 model. Try pages 29-34 of the manual. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/800539/Snapper-Sw20-Series.html?page=33#manual

Chattanooga.Waylon

Chattanooga.Waylon

Oh Well it was a shot in the dark. I cant access to link posted. Besides you didn't specify deck or drive belt.

Attachments

Chattanooga.Waylon

Chattanooga.Waylon

I thought my first post showed the image. Can everyone see the images i am posting?

Chattanooga.Waylon

Chattanooga.Waylon

More than likely an SW20 model. Try pages 29-34 of the manual. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/800539/Snapper-Sw20-Series.html?page=33#manual
How do i ID the deck or drive?

R

Rivets

You must remember we may be thousands of miles away from your location, without a strong drink in hand to see your exact unit. We can only base our replies on the info and pictures you post. Even as experienced techs at this point we can only make guesses at this point. Star guessed a SW30 model and I guessed an SW20, I think one of us is correct, but remember they are only guesses. Most Snapper units have a silver ID tag riveted to the frame, somewhere around the handle area. If you really want help us help you, you must work with us. The manual I posted has two different models, depending on the engine HP. Please take a third look at your unit and see if you can find any silver ID tags. If you post back and can’t find a unit ID tag, include all engine numbers and an exact width of the deck and we’ll try to help you by using a couple or backdoor methods.

StarTech

StarTech

Okay it looks to be a SPLH140KW. if it is a 14hp or a SPLH170KW if it is a 17hp.
1645905507267.png

Chattanooga.Waylon

Chattanooga.Waylon

I figured out the belt, ill post a photo later for a diagram in case anyone else needs it in the future. Thank you everyone

Chattanooga.Waylon

Chattanooga.Waylon

You must remember we may be thousands of miles away from your location, without a strong drink in hand to see your exact unit. We can only base our replies on the info and pictures you post. Even as experienced techs at this point we can only make guesses at this point. Star guessed a SW30 model and I guessed an SW20, I think one of us is correct, but remember they are only guesses. Most Snapper units have a silver ID tag riveted to the frame, somewhere around the handle area. If you really want help us help you, you must work with us. The manual I posted has two different models, depending on the engine HP. Please take a third look at your unit and see if you can find any silver ID tags. If you post back and can’t find a unit ID tag, include all engine numbers and an exact width of the deck and we’ll try to help you by using a couple or backdoor methods.
Thank you for your detailed response, I’m coming back after i finish my bushhogging

Chattanooga.Waylon

Chattanooga.Waylon

This assumes SW30 series

StarTech is correct it is SPLH170KW. Thank you everyone. I am the third owner of this machine and it is the backbone of my side hustle. The owner manual will help me a lot.

StarTech

StarTech

H

hlw49

A simple rule of thumb is flat side of belt to a flat idler and v side of belt to v idlers.