Export thread

Picture of Carburetor

61solidaxle

61solidaxle

I’ve attempted to search this Forum for answer to my question/issue, but apparently I’m not tech savvy enough. So I’m posting my question hoping that someone else hasn’t already been posted it. I’m looking for a diagram or picture of the carburetor configuration for the following push mower:
- Craftsman; model: 917.388382; s/n: 062700M077713
- B&S carb: model: 12H802; type: 2675-B1; code: 0006165
The reason for the request is that I believe I’m missing a spring but am unsure because I can’t track down a good service manual or picture of my particular model.

R

Rivets

Look at this parts diagram, do you have the choke return spring, part number 217? https://www.partstree.com/models/12h802-2675-b1-briggs-stratton-vertical-engine

61solidaxle

61solidaxle

Look at this parts diagram, do you have the choke return spring, part number 217? https://www.partstree.com/models/12h802-2675-b1-briggs-stratton-vertical-engine
Hey Rivets! Thanks for the quick response! Yes, the choke-return spring (#217) is there, but the way it’s attached, it doesn’t allow the choke to to close. In other words, with the cure two attach points, the choke is always open. That’s why I was looking for a picture of the correct configuration

R

Rivets

Do you have a primer or AutoChoke system?

I

ILENGINE

See if this is similar enough to your mower to be correct. Different model number but could be same setup

Around the 4 minute mark shows the linkages and the spring connection locations in the video. Just pause and look and place that part of the video to see how everything is connected.

61solidaxle

61solidaxle

Do you have a primer or AutoChoke system?
Yes, I believe so

61solidaxle

61solidaxle

Yes, very close. But the linkage is slightly different. I attempted to post a picture of my carb, but the Forum sez it’s too large!?!?

R

Rivets

Camera photos are too big to post. You’ll need to resize in a computer program or take a picture with a digital camera.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Yes, very close. But the linkage is slightly different. I attempted to post a picture of my carb, but the Forum sez it’s too large!?!?
You can upload them to an image host like PhotoBucket or postimages and copy and paste the link here.

61solidaxle

61solidaxle

Camera photos are too big to post. You’ll need to resize in a computer program or take a picture with a digital camera.
Good to know!

Fish

Fish

Just pull up the photo on your computer, and then pull up the menu, and click on "snipping tool", then post that pic. Very easy.

Fish

Fish

This easy.
snipp.JPG

R

rhkraft

If you remove the filter base plate, access to the carb is a lot easier. Another tip, take cell phone pictures before you take it apart - springs, wires, belts, etc. or see if a buddy has one like it.

T

the.doc

There are websites that will reduce the file size of photos for you.

There are websites that will reduce the file size of photos for you.

Yes & postimages.org is one of them.. Simple to navigate.