PB 500 T ignition coil that won't break the bank

Richie F

Threads
I've tried two now, one from Amazon and one from Ebay and both failed resistance testing.
From what I dug up the primary side should be 160 to 200 ohms and the secondary should be 1.2 kilo ohms to 1.8
A real OEM coil if I'm correct is like $130.
Any ideas?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You do know that you can't reliable test the primary side of CDI coils don't you?

Also provide the SN of the blower as there is a couple coils used in the later models.

Also early coil was superseded from A41000420 to A040000030 which now a coil and flywheel set which explains the high cost.

Last edited:

Richie F

Threads
You do know that you can't reliable test the primary side of CDI coils don't you?

Also provide the SN of the blower as there is a couple coils used in the later models.

Also early coil was superseded from A41000420 to A040000030 which now a coil and flywheel set which explains the high cost.
Thanks for educating me. I gave thought to the magnets on the flywheel but don't know how about testing that.
As far as the serial number I found a tag and in very small letters/numbers: engine family BEHXS 05 15 TA
Serial number: P31212039537
Where I found specs for the coil was on a YouTube video where the guy showed the specs straight from echo.
There is no p/n on original coil also.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You can only take things on YouTube with a grain of salt. Sorry self contain electronics can not be tested with an ohms meter. Doesn't matter what someone one YouTube says. It requires a very expensive tester that Echo has. For us in the field it is plug and ply testing. Otherwords either the coil works or not when installed.

1703233584237.png

S88.13 plus shipping.

Richie F

Threads
You can only take things on YouTube with a grain of salt. Sorry self contain electronics can not be tested with an ohms meter. Doesn't matter what someone one YouTube says. It requires a very expensive tester that Echo has. For us in the field it is plug and ply testing. Otherwords either the coil works or not when installed.

View attachment 67489

S88.13 plus shipping.

I see the set is A040000030 but a coil is A411000420.
So do replace the set or just get the coil?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The A411000420 is no longer available hence the supersede from Echo. If you order the A411000420 the vendor will be forced to supersede the part to the current part and charge accordingly. Or simply return your order as the part is NLA.

Echo would not have superseded if they still had the A411000420 available. They could have just NLA the part and left you with scrape metal.

And many online vendors simply have not updated their systems until someone order the part. I get this a lot. I just got a refund from Jack's where I had ordered some TTI parts to only find out they are now NLA. My customer going to be pissed but it is not my he shammed the charger on the concrete floor in a fit of rage.

Richie F

Threads
The A411000420 is no longer available hence the supersede from Echo. If you order the A411000420 the vendor will be forced to supersede the part to the current part and charge accordingly. Or simply return your order as the part is NLA.

Echo would not have superseded if they still had the A411000420 available. They could have just NLA the part and left you with scrape metal.

And many online vendors simply have not updated their systems until someone order the part. I get this a lot. I just got a refund from Jack's where I had ordered some TTI parts to only find out they are now NLA. My customer going to be pissed but it is not my he shammed the charger on the concrete floor in a fit of rage.
Could you explain what NLA and TTI mean?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
NLA = No Longer Available

TTI = Techtronic Industries.

Richie F

Threads
OK here's follow up on this blower.
I reinstalled the original coil and set the air gap to .003" using a aluminum soda can as a shim.
Pulled the engine over and had great spark.
Got rid of the wire spiral connector that had a black OEM coating on it and put an end on it like the one from a Briggs
Thought about when I raced slot cars many years ago and knew if you shimmed the permanent magnet closer to the armature there was a greater magnetic field.
So to generate a greater field to the ignition coil why not?

Attachments

• terminal.jpg
    terminal.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 3