Part # for 18 hp twin opposed no blower cover on it no model, type or code ?

mowernut1

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Part # for 18 hp twin opposed no blower cover on it no model, type or code ?
First time here . My yardman with briggs motor locked up ,oil drain had cracked. Broke a connecting rob , and had no blower cover to get the model,type,and code. Any one know the Part # for this connecting rod ? thx

gfp55

Threads
  • / Part # for 18 hp twin opposed no blower cover on it no model, type or code ?
First time here . My yardman with briggs motor locked up ,oil drain had cracked. Broke a connecting rob , and had no blower cover to get the model,type,and code. Any one know the Part # for this connecting rod ? thx

Maybe could take some pictures of all sides of engine and some pictures of the tractor.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Model and serial number of the tractor may help also. MTD list the model number of the engine on the dealer parts diagram for the tractor sometimes.

gfp55

Threads
Model and serial number of the tractor may help also. MTD list the model number of the engine on the dealer parts diagram for the tractor sometimes.

Yes, any clues will help.

DANMOWERMAN

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK...I HOPE THAT THIS HELPS.
YT 14 TWIN TRACTOR NUMBER 917.255813
ENGINE BRIGGS & STRATTON MODEL NUMBER 400707 , TYPE NUMBER 0111-02

PART NUMBER ROD ASSEMBLY .CONNECTING INCLUDING KEY 393270 NOTE: FOR CONNECTING ROD WITH .20" UNDER SIZE CRANK PIN BORE ORDER PART NUMBER 393714 .

I HAVE THE ABOVE DESCRIBED TRACTOR IT WAS PUT OUT FOR TRASH PICK UP... VERY POOR TRACTOR DESIGN EXAMPLE .. GAS TANK MOUNTED UNDER SEAT THUS MAKING IT LOWER THAN THE FLOAT BOWL ..AND A STUPID FUEL PUMP / CARBURATOR TO PUMP GAS FROM CRANKCASE BREATHER THAT NEVER WORKED. I WILL SOMEDAY DESCRIBE HOW I CURED THIS ERROR.

GOOD LUCK FROM DAN MOWER MAN

gfp55

Threads
I'll bet there are some folks that think Sears/Craftsman tractor are good tractors, but you are free to have your opinion also.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
on most Briggs & Stratton engines the mode type code are on top of the valve cover so you can order the right parts
some engines might look the same but part be night and day different. same thing with the tractor so make sure you find
that model # so you don't put the wrong parts in the motor.