Repairs Parking brake does not work

duanesvtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2016 silver eagle and the brake won't even hold on a slight slope. Is there a way to adjust it?

The Don'z

Threads
Should be able to adjust by turning the tip of the brake handle, good luck, the parking break in my 2008 Classic has never held that well,

Bill Martin

Threads
Chopper parking brakes don't hold tight for that long in my experience with four of them

Bill Martin

Threads
Newer Chopper brakes are better than the old system. But still loosens a lil over time

duanesvtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok thanks. I'm just spoiled to my old kubota brake i guess. Never had to even tie it down

Raw Dodge

Threads
My old style chopper would hold decent, as long as every thing is in good shape, as for tieing down, not sure where your from but DOT commercial enforcement is all over landscapers here and I wouldn't think about going down the road without my machines locked into my pro lockers or tied down.Your brave or only going a block or so.

Buckeye

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Silver Eagle 2760 brake linkage was hitting the arm damper under the seat. Several options to modify so that it will clear the damper.
I cut off 1/4 inch of the arm that the spring pin fits in. Near the damper rear mount.
I removed the damper bracket and install three flat washers to get more clearance to the right side.
Now the linkage moves all the way forward. No obstruction.
I saw on a newer model that they have fixed this problem by having the damper mount hole drilled higher which gives clearance.
You can also in stall washers to the brake linkage cross arm to keep the arm close to the left as possible. There is some play on mine.