Opinions on changing company name

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have some problems with the name I have right now and having a laywer would be far too expensive for what I need. So, it leaves me with changing names as a final solution. Luckilly, the company is still "young" so the impact would not be as bad. I am just worried about loosing some clients. All tho, they recognise me by the work I do and my name. Not necessarily the company name. Another issue would be reputation. I don't want to lose it. And yes I do know it will cost me to change names, but it is cheaper than having a laywer fight for me.

mowtivator1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well whats the prob witb the name?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some one took my name, modified it slightly by adding a word, registered it and incoporated it. I did some reasearch. This happened in July. There is nothing on them. Only in the Registration bureau. They don't have a phone number, website, fb, etc. Nothing. Just an empty shell.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I wouldn't change it, do you have similar logos?

I'm going through that fight right now, and the best route is to trade mark your name and any likeness to it. then tell them to change their name. if they don't want to then have a lawyer contact them.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't change it, do you have similar logos?

I'm going through that fight right now, and the best route is to trade mark your name and any likeness to it. then tell them to change their name. if they don't want to then have a lawyer contact them.

No, I dont even know if they use the name. Havn't seen a truck, phone number, fb, web site, etc. Nothing.

Lawer wants 400$-600$ to write them up a letter. Thank god my sister is almost done law school. She will writte a letter with articles that got violated and we will send by bailiff. From there we will see. Time is an issue right now tho. Atleast I have the winter to fix this up.

Good thing is I have proof of existence. I have logo, clients, truck, stickers, insurance, accounting system and all. It shows that I exists and since longuer than them.

I am trying to see which is cheaper here. Going to court would cost a lot if I en up there. If the chances of loosing are high why waste money twice (lawyer and name change + new website, fb, business cards, etc). At 200$ an hour it hurts me a lot.

I hope you will pull out if this too!