Online small engine repair schools?

1madmouse

Threads
Your darn toot'n. I started out in electronics but as things got cheaper and cheaper the need for a decent repairman became obsolete. I managed 16 yrs but had take a new field of repairs.

Running a small shop is a major undertaking when you got to be the chief cook and bottle washer. Yes I spend 10 hr / 6 days in the shop and then another 4-6 hrs working on finding parts and the bookkeeping for very little profit. I am looking forward to drawing my SS and the medicare coverage coming up in June this year. Then at least I will have small steady income but I will still need to keep on working in this field until the battery power equipment takes over as OEM are refusing to provide info and parts for most of smaller equipment. Since I work main outside and the shop is at my home I don't have the overhead that a brick and mortar shop has.

As for minimum wage when it increases so does everything else which usually takes more than worker gets in the raise.

One drawback this year is also I am having to do things at cost due the Moron Idiots at the IRS refusing to get my account straighten out which they mess up in 2018. I finally had it with them and no going to pay taxes to them until it is straighten out. I figure the best to achieve this was to switch to a non profit mode and depend on my SS later this year.
I went with Property Maintenance for many years and it has kept me busy because people always need something done or fixed and I don't have to have a shop. Put my mechanical, electrical, and plumbing experience to good use. I have done much more plus college, but like was said here, that wasn't any guarantee of making good money. I figure 49 years of working was enough and retired.