Export thread

One thing or Another

A

ARMADA175

I am hoping to share my expertise which I have gained from working on small engines as others need it and look forward to learning from others expertise when working on my projects.
I picked a Troy Bilt 675 Series Self propelled mower, Problem is you have to be a track star to keep up with it's pace/speed. It travels so fast I can't cut a straight path. I'm sure my neighbors get a kick out of watching me, I would think it was pretty funny if I was watching them.

B

bertsmobile1

Thinking out of the square and mainly because we don't get that model, down here.
Have you considered a sulky or a roller with a seat.
Idf the extra weight does not slow it down, at least you won't be run off you feet keeping up with it.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

675 series is a 21 inch self propelled mower. Sulky wouldn't work very well with it due to lack of traction.

A

ARMADA175

Thanks I'm open to all options.
I have used a Velcro strap to limit the self propel engagement with some success, but it won't propel at all when I go the the longer front lawn.

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Could you post a picture of the mower so I can determine which type of drive system you have?

A

ARMADA175

DSCN2634.jpgDSCN2631.jpg
That's it.

Attachments

reynoldston

reynoldston

you are going to have to change your ratio some how. Maybe a smaller drive pulley or a larger driven pulley?

Ronno6

Ronno6

I do remember a forum post in which the poster was looking for a faster mower:
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showt...faster-walk-behind-lawnmower?highlight=faster.

A

ARMADA175

Each wheel has a pinion gear the inside of the wheel,the inside of the wheel is a straight Rack Rack & Pinion this engagement is what propels the wheels

zman111666

zman111666

I do remember a forum post in which the poster was looking for a faster mower:
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showt...faster-walk-behind-lawnmower?highlight=faster.

I was thinking the exact same thing! :laughing:

welcome to the forum, Armada.

A

ARMADA175

LawnWorld is a real nice site I wish I could find a automobile repair site this good>

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

Pulleys will have to be changed if you want it to go slower. Or you could put on a set of worn out drive wheels with all the tread gone to reduce traction.

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our Troy-Bilt section. :smile:

zman111666

zman111666

Any chance the engine speed is set too high? Shouldn't be going faster than 2800-3000 RPM.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Hasn't it got a cable adjustment, back it off a few turns...!

A

ARMADA175

Yes throttle RPM has been moved to Maxim, motor handles with no problem Do not know what the RPM reading is.

A

ARMADA175

I'm going to move this thread over to our Troy-Bilt section.

Where is Troy-Bilt section?
Thank you

primerbulb120

primerbulb120

No cable adjustment on these. Unlike some models they don't use the belt to engage the drive, the engagement mechanism is inside the transmission.

Ronno6

Ronno6

I'm going to move this thread over to our Troy-Bilt section.

Where is Troy-Bilt section?
Thank you

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/forumdisplay.php/23-Troy-Bilt-Forum

Under "Forums" look in the "Equipment by Brand" and go to "Troy Bilt"

A

ARMADA175

No cable adjustment on these. Unlike some models they don't use the belt to engage the drive, the engagement mechanism is inside the transmission.

Great answer I will leave subject alone.
Thanks
Kevin

reynoldston

reynoldston

I would think when the mower was made it would be a single speed just to keep the cost down for a residential mower. You might be better off to maybe look at some commercial mowers.

A

ARMADA175

I have the propel bar restricting the mower from full traction engagement. I expect to have to fine tune speed between front and back lawns.