Export thread

One blade on my deck cuts lower than the other two

S

Stanley-O

Greetings Folks:

I found and joined this website because I have a problem you guys may be able to help me with.

I have a Stanley (Murray Select) 21 hp Garden Tractor with a 42" deck. O bought it new over 10 years ago and its a been a great machine.

Right before last mowing season ended, the center blade of my mower started cutting the grass lower than the two blades on each end. As a results, this center blade often scalps the ground if I go over a small hump in the yard. I haven't dropped the deck yet to flip it over, but I thought I'd ask you guys what to look for, or even if you heard of such a thing.

Thanks!:newhere

BlazNT

BlazNT

Bent blade, loose blade, or spindle loose.

S

Stanley-O

Thanks for your help Guys!

I never thought to think of a bent blade, but that makes perfect sense. The old girl is due for a set of new blades anyway.

If its the spindle, well, it'll be time to break out the plastic......

BlazNT

BlazNT

Spindles are cheap probably not over $30

reynoldston

reynoldston

Spindles are cheap probably not over $30

You can't even rebuild them for that price

BlazNT

BlazNT

MaxPower 10189 Jackshaft Housing Assembly Replaces Murray 1001200 and MTD 1001046
$16.54 + $6.49 shipping
amazon.com/MaxPower-10189-Jackshaft-Assembly-Replaces/dp/B002TM1WRC
$21.00 + $4.50 shipping
tewarehouse.com/7-04236
$25.99 free shipping
ebay.com/itm/1001200-1001200MA-1001046-1001046MA-Murray-Deck-Jackshaft-Mandrel-Spindle-/361254519596

BlazNT

BlazNT

Greetings Folks:

I found and joined this website because I have a problem you guys may be able to help me with.

I have a Stanley (Murray Select) 21 hp Garden Tractor with a 42" deck. O bought it new over 10 years ago and its a been a great machine.

Right before last mowing season ended, the center blade of my mower started cutting the grass lower than the two blades on each end. As a results, this center blade often scalps the ground if I go over a small hump in the yard. I haven't dropped the deck yet to flip it over, but I thought I'd ask you guys what to look for, or even if you heard of such a thing.

Thanks!:newhere

Your model number should be 425605×692
Blade part number 7769203
Spindle part number 1001200