gfp55

gfp55

Hi all , I am new to the forum
I just purchased a Raptor SD
I was wondering if anybody knows of a place online to purchase
add on items , specifacally a heat shield and a engine guard
thanks in advance for your time
Bill
I can't help you, But RetiredGuns has a thread; raptor add ons, he's got a fine one with all the stuff your taking about. You may want to check out the thread nad gets some help there. P.S. welcome I think you can get all the help you need here.

RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

You can buy the parts online, but the engine guard is pretty heavy and would be expensive with shipping. Is there a Hustler Dealer remotely close? I got the guard for about $65 and the shield for $42.

E

Eric21

can you post a picture of the heat shield? I knew there was a engine guard but no heat. How are you liking the mower so far?

RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

can you post a picture of the heat shield? I knew there was a engine guard but no heat. How are you liking the mower so far?

a.JPG

f.JPG

So far so good. Mowing is no longer a daunting chore.

E

Eric21

a.JPG

f.JPG

So far so good. Mowing is no longer a daunting chore.

Nice! Where did you order the shield from?

RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

Nice! Where did you order the shield from?

My dealer had it next day. I guess we aren't far from Kansas!

E

Eric21

I got the engine guard coming my dealer charged me 25$ shipping on it. Little high I thought.

RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

I got the engine guard coming my dealer charged me 25$ shipping on it. Little high I thought.

Ouch, seems crazy high. I paid $69 total for mine.

DJlawnboy

Depends...how much total on guard? If your near the price guns said I say you did good.

E

Eric21

Mine is 94$ total.

RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

Yeah, I didn't pay for any shipping on the shield or guard. Is it normal for an authorized dealer to charge shipping?

E

Eric21

I don't know? Lol he said it was not a common part so he has not kept them in stock.

MCX09

MCX09

I ordered an engine guard kit from the dealer where I purchased my RSD. He is having it drop shipped to my house. The total cost including shipping and tax was $80.07. Must be a big demand for engine guard kits because mine isn't shipping until August 6th.

DJlawnboy

I ordered an engine guard kit from the dealer where I purchased my RSD. He is having it drop shipped to my house. The total cost including shipping and tax was $80.07. Must be a big demand for engine guard kits because mine isn't shipping until August 6th.

So your only 14 off from MCX. I'd say retired guns got a good deal. Saw them at the dealer for $79.99 so maybe the shipping was a little high but not enough to worry about I'd say.

B

bill1nat

My dealer had it next day. I guess we aren't far from Kansas!

Would you have the part # for the heat shield? My deals says it doesn't exist
Thanks

RetiredGuns

RetiredGuns

Would you have the part # for the heat shield? My deals says it doesn't exist
Thanks

Here is my receipt. Not sure if that number is a Hustler# or a dealer#, but it may help.

photo.JPG

R

RaptorSD

The SD shield in another thread wraps around the transaxle bypass valve tabs, it looks a little different than the Raptor shield(or there are 2 versions?). There are a couple of part #'s you can try down the page in this thread http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/hustler-forum/26175-rsd-exhaust-burning-lawn.html I'm still trying to get one myself.