Export thread

Old Snapper riding lawn mower question

R

RPierre

I haven't run my 15+ yrs old Snapper LE1438H riding mower in years. The hydro transmission won't release to allow rolling the mower, even though I have set the "release to roll" lever according to manual. (The rear wheels roll - the differential works - the rear wheel spin in opposite directions when lifted off the ground. Is there something wrong with the hydro transmission?

S

SeniorCitizen

Maybe the brake is stuck.

K

KennyV

WELCOME to LMF...

Like he said... check the brake. see that everything associated with it moves freely...
And do post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

jmurray01

jmurray01

I agree, it sounds like the brake is sticking.

R

RPierre

WELCOME to LMF...

Like he said... check the brake. see that everything associated with it moves freely...
And do post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

"Thanks for the feedback. I still have more checking to do under the machine, but from everything I can see this unit has no external brake - it is in the hydro transmission. I have been told to check that the actual release arm at the shaft into the transmission is actually moving, not just the release lever. So, I will do that."

jmurray01

jmurray01

"Thanks for the feedback. I still have more checking to do under the machine, but from everything I can see this unit has no external brake - it is in the hydro transmission. I have been told to check that the actual release arm at the shaft into the transmission is actually moving, not just the release lever. So, I will do that."
Let us know what the result is.

F

fastback

If when you raise the tractor off the ground and the wheels work in the opposite direction it sounds to me as the trans is still engaged. I can't say I really know much about hydro's. I would think if the brake was ingaged the wheels would not turn at all.

SONOFADOCKER

SONOFADOCKER

Wd40 .... Many machines get frozen from moisture rust on linkage and brakes . Your brakes is either a metal band or small type caliper .

M

mellowyellow

I have a LE1438H snapper that is approximately 15 years old. I am looking for a deck and a hood for my snapper. It runs great but needs the deck and hood to be perfect. if anybody has the parts< i am interested, please send me a email. thanks robertfrantz100@hotmail.com