Mower deck Okay, all you Cadet Gurus... blade speed and deck debris

normburns

Threads
  • / Okay, all you Cadet Gurus... blade speed and deck debris
...As to cleaning under the belt covers, it's not That big a problem... Is it? ... :smile:KennyV

Not anymore it isn't. My spacers work better than I had hoped. Next I will cut a piece of cardboard to slip in there, so that when I blow out one side, it doesn't just go to the other side. Since I had to replace the engine, I am trying to take much better care of it.

I have liquid in the tires for weight now. I used "lo-tox" anti freeze. The a-f seems to be heavier than other materials I had handy. Yesterday I cut a friends lawn, with a steep bank. It has always tried to wheelie on me, going up the bank, but not this time. My extra weight worked just like I wanted it to.

Rear wheel adapters. Does anyone make an adapter to go from the single opening mount wheel, requiring a 1/4 inch "key", to a normal 4 lug wheel?

Foam filling tires. I have a couple of lugged atv tires I would like to mount on my "tow tractor", that I use to drag the scraper/leveler for the driveway, fallen branches, etc. They are in rough shape, but the tread is good. I could go with tubes, but I am not convinced that foam filling them might not be better. Stupid question time... can I use the "Great Stuff" expanding foam to fill them? Okay, maybe not "ideal", but would it work?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
For Ballast ...If you want more weight in a liquid for in the tires... Us Beet Juice (Rim Guard).. Rim Guard - Liquid Tire Ballast
It's heavier...

As to wheel adapters... I think almost all riders with bolt on wheels have them... Most are 5 Bolt...
What size is your axle ?? I believe I have a couple John Deere 5 bolt adapters around...

Foam fill is great stuff.. I have it in my 7 foot finish mower .... Rather pricey, but never any flats.. side walls will eventually fail, but that takes a Lot of years...
Nope the foam in a can will Not work, completely different stuff... Foam in a can is not dense enough and will not fill properly... the foam for in tires is almost like a solid rubber (very Heavy) comes right out when you have to cut the tire off the rim for replacement... :smile:KennyV

Threads
Be careful with fluid in tire on a Z-mower. I have seen many wheels with center broken out. You can change direction so quickly on a Z that the monmentum of fluid when change direction can but not always loosen lug nuts and cause wheel problems (breaking center, elongating lug holes and can also damage hub) Wheel weights will work better on a Z. Tire fluid in a lawn tractor is usually ok

ChuckT

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have always found it to be a total PITA.
cvt

My 6 foot and 7 foot, 3 blade mower decks run around 1800 ft per min... they give an excellent cut from 1600 to 2000 ft per min tip speed.
There is no real gain going above 1800 FPM... My old Cub Cadet 1450 with a 44 inch deck also has close to 1800 FPM,
As to cleaning under the belt covers, it's not That big a problem... Is it? ... :smile:KennyV