Oil spill John Deere E120 Brand New....

shagadelic45

Forum Newbie
Threads
Brand new John Deere E120 mower and after using for the very first time, I noticed some oil dripping and come to find out where the oil dip stick is, was not screwed down all the way/securely.

Now I have oil all over "under the hood".....on the battery, wires, engine, engine compartment, etc......

Is this anything I need to be worried about? Can this cause a fire?

Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get a spray bottle of engine degreaser at your local auto shop, follow instructions and rinse with a garden hose or pressure washer. Blow off with leaf blower and let dry on a sunny day.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And top up the oil before you forget .
The sumps on vertical shaft engines are very wide & shallow so if the level drops only a small amount the oil pump is pumping air on anything that even loos like a slope.
When washing engines I like to do it with them running .
Unplug the headlights & remove the hood it can be washed separately and will give you much better access to the rest of the mower.
When finished spray all of the moving bits under the dash , including the steering stem with white lithium spray grease, CRC make the best one.
This should be done every season at the end oft he season to keep all of the sliding bits sliding happily.
Enjoy your mower for many mowing seasons to come.