Oil in Spark Plug Cylinder

rdavis0627

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do not be too concerned about it showing a oil filter.
That same model number engine used two different sumps, one with a oil filter and one without. The oil filter type is mostly for show to make you really got something better.
Usually just use straight 30w oil. Be extra careful when tightening the taper threaded oil drain plug, you can easily crack the aluminum sump at the thread boss if you strong wrist it. The sump is little wimpy weak in that area.
Best to use about 3 layers of teflon tape on the 3/8 pipe plug and just get it snug. I sometimes install a 6 inch length of 3/8 pipe nipple and use a cap on the end of the nipple so as the oil will drain outside of the frame into a catch pan.
The valve cover is the only good info for your engine. Most likely has the correct info and is the right cover.
You got lucky that the camshaft compression release was good.
Hey StarTech, I put 5w 30 synthetic oil in it off something I found about a recommendation from B & S, how bad is what I've done?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That is fine; although, I have upgrade my customers to 15W50 synthetic but I am in the South where Summer temps are getting a lot hotter. Heavier oils just makes hardier to start in cold weather.

My neighbor across the road has a Toyota PU that is running 0W-20 synthetic oil.

rdavis0627

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is fine; although, I have upgrade my customers to 15W50 synthetic but I am in the South where Summer temps are getting a lot hotter. Heavier oils just makes hardier to start in cold weather.

My neighbor across the road has a Toyota PU that is running 0W-20 synthetic oil.
Thanks for the update I live in Delaware so it can vary quite a bit from cold to really hot, and I'm just nuts enough to get out there and either cut grass or mulch leaves depending on the season lol