Export thread

oil filter for new craftsman mini rider mower

steve63

steve63

I bought a new craftsman little 30 inch rider mower. It is mdl 247. 299000, it has the 382 cc engine that takes a screw on filter. So has anyone found the WIX or other filter number for this motor?
Thanks for your Help!!

BlazNT

BlazNT

Read the numbers off the oil filter on the mower.

steve63

steve63

sorry for delay just started new job from hell filter #751-12609

L

Luffydog

Should be just a Briggs filter unless it is a Kawasaki then it might a different one

steve63

steve63

I looked around and have been told its a PowerMore engine and 2 additional numbers are 951-12690 also 751-11501

BlazNT

BlazNT

I have been trying to find that number but it ceeps coming up as a gasket.

steve63

steve63

tHESE NUMBERS ALSO WORK FOR THE powermore 420cc engine

Boobala

Boobala

tHESE NUMBERS ALSO WORK FOR THE powermore 420cc engine

Thanks for posting the information, could you please go a bit further, and mention the "Brand-Name" ??

steve63

steve63

Sorry I got the numbers from Amazon, I looked at the filters for a 420cc powermore and it listed the filter number for the 382cc as well as 2 others.
I ordered a 751-12690 filter and was comparing it to other filters I have and the Motorcraft FL-400S seems to be a match and its twice as long
I will confirm as soon as I get my engine to 1 hour running time. (I installed a hour meter)

Attachments

steve63

steve63

If it helps the filters are listed as MTD

cpurvis

cpurvis

H

hrdman2luv

Sorry I got the numbers from Amazon, I looked at the filters for a 420cc powermore and it listed the filter number for the 382cc as well as 2 others.
I ordered a 751-12690 filter and was comparing it to other filters I have and the Motorcraft FL-400S seems to be a match and its twice as long
I will confirm as soon as I get my engine to 1 hour running time. (I installed a hour meter)

Back in the 80's I worked at a quik lube place (Mobil). They had the metal cut off a few filters to show customers how good their filters were. Fram, Motocraft, wix and a couple of others. By all means the Motocrafts was stuffed with a lot more filter than any of the others.

Of course, that's been 30 years ago, and ............

Oh man, 30 years? Now I feel old.

Funny, I can remember stuff from 30 years ago, but can't remember why i'm standing at my tool box.

cpurvis

cpurvis

There are other aspects of oil filters that need to be taken into consideration other than flange compatibility.

Such as micron rating and bypass pressure.

I would stay with the OEM or a direct cross-referenced filter, not just something that screws onto the flange.