Export thread

Oil filter for Kawasaki FX730X

F

Flabioso

Anybody know what filter I can use on a Kawasaki FX730X 26 HP air cooled the factory number is 49065A but I want to use an automotive filter like a purolator or wix...

B

Black Bart

Anybody know what filter I can use on a Kawasaki FX730X 26 HP air cooled the factory number is 49065A but I want to use an automotive filter like a purolator or wix...
Kawasaki uses a thread size of 3\4-16 that is what Ford uses so you have a big choice available.

If your filter is horizontal it must have a anti drain back valve and it probably is nearly all mowers are.
I use a Motorcraft FL-1A on my JD 180 the filer is half the size of the engine.:laughing:

Did you read my post Lets Talk about Oil Filters.

I have a new JD Z Trak with a Briggs and I put a FL910s on it.
You could use the 910 or if you have room maybe a longer one.
If you want to use Purolator find one for a Ford but the Motorcraft is built by Pure and is the same as the pure one without the price.

K

KennyV

Kawasaki uses a thread size of 3\4-16 that is what Ford uses so you have a big choice available.

Bart is right...
do a little checking for the right Outside diameter and an acceptable length... You will be able to get an easier to locate filter, that will cost a lot less & it will be a better filter... :smile:KennyV

B

Black Bart

The main thing to check is the diameter of the seal.
The 910 that I put on has a larger canister but the seal is the same size.

F

Flabioso

Thanks guys I did a little research and also found a couple of filters in a stock size I found a wix 57035,baldwin B7165 and a stern 120485, and just a little longer I found a purolator L35310,wix 51056,baldwin BT843 and a motorcraft FL793...