Export thread

OIl change on a Zee 2

M

mrp1962

Have a Zee2, second owner, I went to change the oil and it appears that the previous owner(passed Away) messed up what appears have been a plastic nut or something to open a valve to let oil out. What was supposed to be there and I assume it turns counter clockwise to open and clockwise to close, what I see is a nub of whats left, pretty sure this is why the oil is so dirty because he messed it up and could not drain either, What I can tell you is it look like there is a Tee and when the valve is open the oil comes out the fisrt down port of the tee. Thanks and I hope I explained enough for someone to help me.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Picture please.

M

mrp1962

don't know how, but when I do I will. it looks like a tee and I think it needs to turn out to let the oil out but anyways I am going to use a pair of needl nose vise grips on it when I get home and see if that works it's a little black plastic looking tee on the bottom of the motor.

B

bertsmobile1

Take the whole thing off.
Go to a plumbing or real hardwear shop and get a pair of barbed nipples to screw into the oil drain hole , a cap that will screw onto the threaded end of the nipple and a 2' length of oil hose.
Now when you need to change the oil take the cap off one nipple and direct the hose into an old catch bottle.

M

mrp1962

that's pretty much what I was thinking, thanks for reassuring me.