Oil change interval

turbofiat124

Threads
21 hp Briggs with filter. Mower was built around 2010. How often does the oil need to be changed?? I could swear the owners manual says every 50 hours. Is that correct? I can't seem to locate my owner's manual.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
21 hp Briggs with filter. Mower was built around 2010. How often does the oil need to be changed?? I could swear the owners manual says every 50 hours. Is that correct? I can't seem to locate my owner's manual.

That would depend on how the mower is being used. I change my oil every 50 hours with filter but I mow most every day. If your a home owner and use your mower once a week then I'd change oil, oil filter, gas filter, air filter once a year.

briggs

Threads
i do mine at the end of the season if it needs it or not so its ready to go in the spring

benski

Threads
If I were you, I'd change my oil and filter at the end of the mowing season. I use Amsoil ASE, and a new filter, if applicable, but that's just me.:thumbsup:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless you are using you unit as often as Ric, I recommend to our customers to change it at the beginning of each season, to remove any water (condensation) that may be in the crankcase after an extended period of non use.