OE Hydro Gear oil filter

packy51

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 SD Raptor that started leaking trans oil from the right filter. I replaced the OE Hydro Gear filter last year for the 200 hr. service. It just started leaking a couple of weeks ago. There was no impact of any sort to that area or the mower, so I don't know why it would leak. I've even had to tighten more than the recommended 3/4 to one full turn after the filter contacts the base. It still leaks a little. Has anyone ever had any issues with Hydro Gear filters? I'd hate to have to replace it and refill that hydro and oil tank.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maybe a bad batch of filters. Had issues with some Oregon Kawasaki style filters a few years back were the last 4 filters in the box started leaking after a couple hours of use. Have had issues with Kohler filters being able to be removed with two fingers after being torqued to the factory spec the previous springs tuneup service. The OEM Kioti engine oil filter started leaking on my tractor in January of this year after being changed in April of last year and 40 hours on the clock.

packy51

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good too know. At this point, one filter is good and the other one no matter how much I torque it, it leaks, but this started after about 50 hrs. of use.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, sad to say, quality doesn't seem to be what it used to be..