Export thread

Nuts

N

Nibs

Looking for four lug nuts(7/16-14) for older model CC.
Thanks

willys55

willys55

what model and year? my 100 uses wheel bolts

B

bertsmobile1

If you are talking about the wheel nuts then they are std car parts or expensive mower parts but you will ned to find a car parts store with an attendant who knows what they heave & where it is.

reynoldston

reynoldston

If you are talking about the wheel nuts then they are std car parts or expensive mower parts but you will ned to find a car parts store with an attendant who knows what they heave & where it is.

(7/16-14) I don't know about that, because that is a odd size. Worth a try anyways.

willys55

willys55

should be 7/16 x 20

B

bertsmobile1

I took a sample to a nut & bolt shop.
They told me it fitted a Valiant ( locally rebadged Dodge ) and to go to the wreckers around the corner.
Got 4 new ones for $ 5 .
Cub wanted $ 2.45 each US + freight

N

Nibs

I took a sample to a nut & bolt shop.
They told me it fitted a Valiant ( locally rebadged Dodge ) and to go to the wreckers around the corner.
Got 4 new ones for $ 5 .
Cub wanted $ 2.45 each US + freight

Thanks, great idea. CC part is $4-5 each, not at auto parts, and trying to find a dead mower that can pull them off.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I guess its just a little different in this country. As far as I know the Dodge Valiant takes a 7/16-20 not a 7/16-14. I might be wrong but I have never come across a car wheel stud that was not fine thread. Just maybe before my time as a mechanic?? I will still say its going to be very hard to find a car wheel nut 7/16-14. If that is the size go to Cub Cadet and just pay the price. Maybe being its just a slow speed mower you could buy the 7/16-20 nuts and run a 7/16-14 tap through them?? As I do recall in my earlier days coming across some left handed thread wheel nuts.

cpurvis

cpurvis

Not cheap, and with freight will be even more. But...you only need four.

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/MTD-7123050.html

edit: I looked up shipping to my zip code--cheapest was $17!! Which will probably come in a US Postal padded envelope.

Keep looking. You can do better than that.

FWIW, they appear to be 7/16-14.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Go on E-Bay and look at vintage Hudson wheel nuts. 7/16-14 :thumbsup: