Export thread

not getting enough fuel to run properly

J

jtd777

I have a Yardman 158cc 5.00 briggs and Stratton. Would someone explain to me how to locate fuel filter.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Very good chance it doesn't have a fuel filter.

J

jtd777

Very good chance it doesn't have a fuel filter.

The mower has only run about 15-20 hrs. Do you recommend that I do anything to carbeurator, maybe the butterfly valve sticking????

reynoldston

reynoldston

If you think you have bad fuel flow check it out first. If you don't have a shut off valve block off the fuel line as close to the fuel tank as you can ( clamp or vice grips). Remove fuel hose at carburetor and loosen your clamp with a container under the hose to catch the fuel. This will let you know if you have bad flow or not. I am taking a guess this is a push mower and has a fuel primer. Yes if you have been putting dirty gas into your mower you can well be having carburetor problems and need the carburetor cleaned.

J

jtd777

If you think you have bad fuel flow check it out first. If you don't have a shut off valve block off the fuel line as close to the fuel tank as you can ( clamp or vice grips). Remove fuel hose at carburetor and loosen your clamp with a container under the hose to catch the fuel. This will let you know if you have bad flow or not. I am taking a guess this is a push mower and has a fuel primer. Yes if you have been putting dirty gas into your mower you can well be having carburetor problems and need the carburetor cleaned.

Thanks for the info, I will try after work and let you know tomorrow.