Not a thing to do with mowers

Carscw

Carscw

For some of you who have never watched a dirt track race
My wife took this three weeks ago.
I was 3rd fastest qualifier.
115 mph average speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3QWhsJ6m6A

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

midnite rider

midnite rider

Thanks for the clip. Congratulations on your run. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Brought back old memories. Everything looks the same a it did when I use to frequent Dixie in the early 80's when some of my buddies ran. The announcer sounds like the same guy. Ate a lot of dirt in the feature due to I always parked and sat in the corners on the fence with the wild bunch where they allowed alcohol back in the day. I always enjoyed the racing there especially the spectator races where they drove the car there but didn't always drive it home. :laughing::laughing: Looks like they are still running the old Novas, Camaros and Firebirds in the spectator races as they did 30 years ago. Tough to beat those models as they handled well for stock.

Carscw

Carscw

Thanks for the clip. Congratulations on your run. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Brought back old memories. Everything looks the same a it did when I use to frequent Dixie in the early 80's when some of my buddies ran. The announcer sounds like the same guy. Ate a lot of dirt in the feature due to I always parked and sat in the corners on the fence with the wild bunch where they allowed alcohol back in the day. I always enjoyed the racing there especially the spectator races where they drove the car there but didn't always drive it home. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like they are still running the old Novas, Camaros and Firebirds in the spectator races as they did 30 years ago. Tough to beat those models as they handled well for stock.
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv-6q-t7fCc

The announcer is still the same guy.

They running sprint cars this week.
Would like to give one a try.

Lots of drama going on at the track now it's been like going to the fights.

I think you can still drink at the fence

J

JSB33

Cool stuff, you are out there doing what lots of people would love to do.
I grew up around pavement but have been to many a dirt track including Eldora, Freemont and Sharon speedways.

Home track is Sandusky Speedway where we love to go see the Supermodifieds.
Hy-Miler 100 ISMA at Sandusky Speedway Full Race - YouTube

Are you running a weekly show?

Carscw

Carscw

Cool stuff, you are out there doing what lots of people would love to do.
I grew up around pavement but have been to many a dirt track including Eldora, Freemont and Sharon speedways.

Home track is Sandusky Speedway where we love to go see the Supermodifieds.
Hy-Miler 100 ISMA at Sandusky Speedway Full Race - YouTube

Are you running a weekly show?

Dixie runs every Saturday night. They started out as a asphalt track about 40 years ago. Went to dirt in the 70s.
It's one of the best tracks in ga.
They host a couple Lucas oil dirt series races
This week the winged sprint cars are here.
Monster truck in a couple weeks

It is only 15 mins from me but not really my home track

S

slimbo

figure 8 racing my favo

M

motoman

I would love a couple laps in the 1000 lb wing tops with the 600hp chevys. Not like mowing laps on your lawn. Or maybe a death run on Pikes Peak in the 875 hp Peugeot.

Carscw

Carscw

I would love a couple laps in the 1000 lb wing tops with the 600hp chevys. Not like mowing laps on your lawn. Or maybe a death run on Pikes Peak in the 875 hp Peugeot.

My car has to be 1300 lbs

I run a aluminum engine 950 hp in a super mod late model
To drop down one class I can swap my engine out with a 602 crate engine.

There is a man been racing for years every year on his birthday he changes is number to his age this year he is in the 82 car. He runs street stock

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Carscw

Carscw

When the car stopped flipping this guy jumped out ready to fight.

He needed to go hug his chassis builder.
image-2788107503.jpg

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

I miss the old dirt track racing, there use to be a track back home and had a blast on the weekends there.

DJlawnboy

I miss when Tony Stewart wasn't a murderer....

Carscw

Carscw

I miss when Tony Stewart wasn't a murderer....

Did you really say this?

M

motoman

carscw, What's your take on that event? The press usually edits everything heavily. motoman

DJlawnboy

Did you really say this?
Watch the video. He clearly wanted to scare the guy by fishtailing near him...just killed him instead. He has severe anger issues and he is known to threaten people with murder for putting a block on him during a race. May not be charged criminally but he will lose the civil case faster than OJ Simpson because of his past. That's karma.

K

KennyV

It's a mistake to walk on an active track...
and it is more than a mistake to step towards a car coming at you.
You do have to be smart, OR lucky, enough to survive the stupidity of youth.

reynoldston

reynoldston

115 mph average speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3QWhsJ6m6A

For some reason the only thing I can see is This Video is Unavailable???

Carscw

Carscw

carscw, What's your take on that event? The press usually edits everything heavily. motoman

First thing. I am not a fan of tony. I think he is a azz hole but I have a lot of respect for him and all he has done to help the sport of dirt track racing.

The only one that killed Kevin was Kevin.
He broke the number one rule at every track. He got out if his car on the track acting like a cry baby.

I have spent hours on the dirt track blogs.
I will say close to 99% if us drivers blame Kevin.

Now the video that you all have seen you can hear a engine rev right before impact. That was the car behind tony. Then you see Tonys car kick right as Kevin runs into what looks to be the back tire. But it was the right front tire.

At a yard to cut will get back to this.

Carscw

Carscw

Tony did not try and scare him or fishtail at him.

It really pisses me off when people talk about things they do not know about.

Have you ever drove a sprint car?
Have you ever walked on a dirt track?

Tony was going as slow as he could without stalling the engine.

Sprint cars have no clutch and no gears to change.

You steer with the throttle more then with the steering wheel.

Say tony did hit the gas.

When someone is on the track running at you. You hit the gas and get away from them. A sprint car is made to kick to the left when you hit the gas.

Tony did what any other driver would have done.
The only reason you even know or care about this is because of tony.

Would you like to talk about any of the 19 guys who died last year doing the same thing Kevin did?

The family will not and do not want any money from tony as they have said it was not his fault.
If they did sue him they would lose

Kevin had a black suit on the track needs better lighting.
Kevin was almost hit by two other cars.
And in other videos you can see Kevin tried to stop and fell into the front wheel.

Carscw

Carscw

Watch the video. He clearly wanted to scare the guy by fishtailing near him...just killed him instead. He has severe anger issues and he is known to threaten people with murder for putting a block on him during a race. May not be charged criminally but he will lose the civil case faster than OJ Simpson because of his past. That's karma.

And Kevin was a hot head who wanted to fight.

I have had guys get out of there car and run up to me I hit the gas and go on.
I have got out of my car on the track and gone after someone. It's just dumb.

Carscw

Carscw

Kevin had a good reason to be mad at tony as tony did not hold his line and should have let off.
But it should have been handled in the pit.

Every time we get in a race car we know we could die.
When you get out on the track you know you can die.

Carscw

Carscw

A lot of drivers are saying they are not even sure tony even saw him.

Black suit dark track and almost no view out of the right side.

Everyone at a dirt track is a hothead

At most tracks if you get out of the car on the track you can not race for two weeks and pay a fine before you can race again.

If this was dale sissy boy JR people would feel bad for him.

Or if it was Jeff mr calm and cool Gordon then no one would know what to think.

Let's compare tony and Jeff at a dirt track.

You get up in Tonys face yelling at him he will yell back Jeff will knock the hell out of you.

Scott bloomquest is the best dirt driver in the country. He has got out of his car on the track. He has also hit someone walking on the track more then once.

This happens all the time but now things will change because there is a big name in it.
Before every race there is a drivers meeting and we are told do not get out of your car on the track till you are told it's safe or the car is on fire.

If tony gets charged then if I put a car in the wall and the driver dies then I should be charged?

This is very sad that this happens and I pray for the ward family and for tony who has to live with this.

DJlawnboy

And Kevin was a hot head who wanted to fight. I have had guys get out of there car and run up to me I hit the gas and go on. I have got out of my car on the track and gone after someone. It's just dumb.
You HAVE got out of your car on the the track to go after someone? Then by your logic you should be dead for being dumb and being on the track.

DJlawnboy

Never raced on a dirt track or in a sprint car but since other cars went around him it's only logical that Tony wanted to hit him because he knew he could without getting arrested. Drivers are scrubs with IQ <100, let the media handle this with the fairness we always see.

Carscw

Carscw

For some reason the only thing I can see is This Video is Unavailable???

http://youtu.be/_PjTMfFrMcw

Carscw

Carscw

Never raced on a dirt track or in a sprint car but since other cars went around him it's only logical that Tony wanted to hit him because he knew he could without getting arrested. Drivers are scrubs with IQ <100, let the media handle this with the fairness we always see.

He ran towards Tonys car not the other two that almost hit him.

Yes I could have been killed.

Tony did not try to hit him.
And even if he did hit the gas and kick the back over to scare him. We all do that.

I will try and copy and post a link to other videos of this where you can better see.
Bottom line is Kevin got out of his car and was running around on the track not thinking about his or any one else's safety.

Like I said this happened 19 times last year. You only know about this one because of tony.

People saying the family should sue are as dumb as the lady suing the braves because her kid got hit in the head with a ball.

You are at a baseball game you could get hit with a ball. You are walking on a race track you could get hit by a car.

Did you hear about the guy died last week at a dirt track. He got spun out and flipped. Took two hours to get him out if the car. As sad as it is he knew he could die. Should the driver of the other car be charged or sued?

reynoldston

reynoldston

115 mph average speed

YouTube

I am one of them who never watched a dirt track race. What do they do to be qualified. Do they just run one car at a time and time it? Then what do they do with the cars that are and aren't qualified?

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Looks like a lot of fun!

Reminds me the time I went to see Nascar and went into the Ford RV with the Aerodynamics designer and also the vintage car races.

Carscw

Carscw

I am one of them who never watched a dirt track race. What do they do to be qualified. Do they just run one car at a time and time it? Then what do they do with the cars that are and aren't qualified?

The only class that qualifies is the super late models. The video was me qualifying.

Most tracks will have from 10 to 20 cars so we all get to race. 1st place pays $1000.

There is a dirt late model series. Just like Nascar they run tracks all over the country.
3 day events with qualifying and heat races. Out if 100 or so cars 25 get into the big race. Most pay between 10 grand to 30 grand to the winner.

All the other classes pick a bingo ball to decide where they line up for their race.

Every car has a raceciver
It is a box that keeps score of what place we are in. And has the 3 lights on it.

At the end of the race we can get a print out of our lap times.

The cars that do not make it into the big race. Get to do a 50 lap race for less money. The big race is 100 laps.

Track size is from 1/4 mile up to a half mile.
Track I run is 3/8 mile we only hit around 100 mph done half mile tracks hit 140 mph

The track is very slick. Funny to watch people try and walk on it.

Carscw

Carscw

Looks like a lot of fun! Reminds me the time I went to see Nascar and went into the Ford RV with the Aerodynamics designer and also the vintage car races.

I have never been to a NASCAR race. But I have been on a track and raced a few nascar drivers. At little Talledega Speedway. Next to the big track.

They come to the dirt track close to where they are racing. Someone always let's them drive their car. I just wanted to race with them.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

I have never been to a NASCAR race. But I have been on a track and raced a few nascar drivers. At little Talledega Speedway. Next to the big track.

They come to the dirt track close to where they are racing. Someone always let's them drive their car. I just wanted to race with them.

That's awsome! A few hours from here you can drive exotic cars on a race track for about 100$-200$.

Carscw

Carscw

This is the flyer for my home track for this week.
They are not running my class because a track a hour away is having a $5000 to win race.
Would like to win but will be happy just to make it into the race.

image-3194757720.jpg

reynoldston

reynoldston

That's awsome! A few hours from here you can drive exotic cars on a race track for about 100$-200$.

What do they use for a exotic car? Do they get to run them fast and who pays if they wreck one? 100 dollars can't go very far on most any car much let a exotic car.

Carscw

Carscw

image-2544626474.jpg

Carscw

Carscw

Not hard to understand if toothless hillbillies do it.

I do not think you make enough money to do it or have the balls.

You might think it is a hillbilly sport and only poor dumb rednecks dirt track.

Take a look at the Lucas oil dirt track series. Lowest paying race is ten grand.
The cars cost 60 grand to build a winning car.

Heck I am just a local driver and not that fast and my engine cost more then your truck.

Driving the car is the easy part ( that not even you could do ) setting it up to turn takes a lot of skill

But I understand how you can stereotype people as all racist do.

You have what we call nut lock

Hell you get nut lock if a mower goes to fast.

Carscw

Carscw

Not hard to understand if toothless hillbillies do it.

Not sure way you are even here all you have done is start drama.
Just read all your post and not one has helped anyone.
Every post is just to start drama.

I think I now know who you are and what your other user name is. And can not say that I am surprised. But did not really think you was this childish.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

You can say that again!

gfp55

gfp55

I think I now know who you are and what your other user name is. And can not say that I am surprised. But did not really think you was this childish.
I see you have look at his posts. I have and I come up with the same thing you did . His posts don't help anyone, he just tries to make people mad. So whats his other name, Dramaboy, Startsfightsboy, Makethemmadboy, etc, etc? If everyone put him on their ignore list no one would read his words and that would make him mad as hell because no one would respond to his mouth. P.S. That's some cool driven man. I can't tell, you running Ford, GM, Mopar?

Carscw

Carscw

You can say that again!

Not sure way you are even here all you have done is start drama. Just read all your post and not one has helped anyone. Every post is just to start drama.

Carscw

Carscw

I see you have look at his posts. I have and I come up with the same thing I did . His posts don't help anyone, he just tries to make people mad. So whats his other name, Dramaboy, Startsfightsboy, Makethemmadboy, etc, etc? If everyone put him on their ignore list no one would read his words and that would make him mad as hell because no one would respond to his mouth. P.S. That's some cool driven man. I can't tell, you running Ford, GM, Mopar?

Roush Yates 410 ford engine

Rocket chassis

Carscw

Carscw

They even give away free mowers
image-281337106.jpg

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

First thing. I am not a fan of tony. I think he is a azz hole but I have a lot of respect for him and all he has done to help the sport of dirt track racing.

The only one that killed Kevin was Kevin.
He broke the number one rule at every track. He got out if his car on the track acting like a cry baby.

I have spent hours on the dirt track blogs.
I will say close to 99% if us drivers blame Kevin.

Now the video that you all have seen you can hear a engine rev right before impact. That was the car behind tony. Then you see Tonys car kick right as Kevin runs into what looks to be the back tire. But it was the right front tire.

At a yard to cut will get back to this.

If Kevin got that mad and got out of his car having a fit and acting like a girl than he must have some issues....

I blame Kevin

My take on this is Kevin killed himself, not Tony. He was on the track having a hissyfit, Tony's car hit him because Kevin was stupid enough not to get out of the way, and that's that. It's Kevin's fault he got out of the car and got hit, not Tony's fault because he didn't move over. The media has no F****** idea what they're talking about. People should never get out of the car and freak out because they're pissed, life's life and get over it.

I am also not a Tony Stewart fan, Jimmie Johnson for me.

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

:
You are right I have never worked LOL
you have a nice day and don't forget the best way to clean the grass off the deck is with the blades running.

Haha! :laughing:

Carscw

Carscw

If Kevin got that mad and got out of his car having a fit and acting like a girl than he must have some issues.... I blame Kevin My take on this is Kevin killed himself, not Tony. He was on the track having a hissyfit, Tony's car hit him because Kevin was stupid enough not to get out of the way, and that's that. It's Kevin's fault he got out of the car and got hit, not Tony's fault because he didn't move over. The media has no F****** idea what they're talking about. People should never get out of the car and freak out because they're pissed, life's life and get over it. I am also not a Tony Stewart fan, Jimmie Johnson for me.

And Kevin only got out of his car because it was tony and he was showing is azz.

At the start if the video when you see tony bump Kevin's car was just hard racing. But tony should have let up just a little.

At 20 years old Kevin was a good wheel man but to cocky

M

motoman

In the media the lawyers smell blood and are circling Stewart. They are using the manslaughter case precedents . Stewart looks worried and probably should be.
Not judging, just reporting.

Carscw

Carscw

In the media the lawyers smell blood and are circling Stewart. They are using the manslaughter case precedents . Stewart looks worried and probably should be. Not judging, just reporting.

I do believe he will be charged with something.

And I believe the track will also be charged.

If it was a no name local driver we would not even know about it.

I feel bad for both family's their lives have been changed forever.

M

motoman

We know how hard it is to see ourselves, but once done , time for well being. Peace and tinkering to all.

Carscw

Carscw

Funny people.

And I still say he should not be charged

gfp55

gfp55

I don't think Tony should be charged also. I'm sure he's sick over the whole thing.

Carscw

Carscw

I don't think Tony should be charged also. I'm sure he's sick over the whole thing.

It's all about money.

If he gets charged it will come from the DA just to shut everyone up.

The whole country knows he did nothing wrong.

gfp55

gfp55

Yep, Lawyers and money.

gfp55

gfp55

Carscws; Maybe you could make another video of your racing next time your at the track? Maybe longer.

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Since you participate in this sport, I would be interested in getting your take on the Tony Stewart incident that happened last weekend in New York.
I have never driven, but I have been in the pit with friends of mine who race a lot on dirt, in open wheel cars. Since they won't let me drive....I quit helping out :laughing:.

Some say Tony was not careful enough when driving past Kevin Ward, some say he tried to bump him or spray him with marbles.
Some say the car is just really tough to drive at slow speeds and Tony did the best he could.
Never having driven one, I reserve judgement on Mr. Stewart, I feel that Kevin Ward was at fault and should have not allowed his temper to get the better of him.
I understand that putting a car in the wall has big implications to a driver's bank roll and his season, and maybe Tony was negligent there.

I see that NASCAR has instituted new rules because of this. That's a good thing.

Carscw

Carscw

Since you participate in this sport, I would be interested in getting your take on the Tony Stewart incident that happened last weekend in New York. I have never driven, but I have been in the pit with friends of mine who race a lot on dirt, in open wheel cars. Since they won't let me drive....I quit helping out :laughing:. Some say Tony was not careful enough when driving past Kevin Ward, some say he tried to bump him or spray him with marbles. Some say the car is just really tough to drive at slow speeds and Tony did the best he could. Never having driven one, I reserve judgement on Mr. Stewart, I feel that Kevin Ward was at fault and should have not allowed his temper to get the better of him. I understand that putting a car in the wall has big implications to a driver's bank roll and his season, and maybe Tony was negligent there. I see that NASCAR has instituted new rules because of this. That's a good thing.

Here is my take on on it after watching a few other videos.

Tony did put Kevin in the wall. He should have backed off and passed him on the next turn. Tony was by far the fastest car on the track.

Kevin knew to stay in his car but got out trying to make a name for him self.

Tony did try to spray him as anyone of us drivers would have done.

Not sure what Kevin was thinking running up that close to a moving car.
Under caution a sprint car is going about 40mph and very hard to control so maybe tony hit the gas just to turn faster to get away.

My feelings are Kevin is the only one at fault for getting out of his car and for running right up to close to Tonys car.

People are saying why did tony fishtail his car?
I do not know a driver that would not have done the same thing.

Carscw

Carscw

This is from a few weeks ago. #99 3rd place on the restart.

You see many fools on the track and one smart guy staying in his car.

http://youtu.be/qaZOIYFNV4w

gfp55

gfp55

I like how 99 was passing down low. Why do people do that, get out of their cars when the safety people are doing their job?

Carscw

Carscw

I like how 99 was passing down low. Why do people do that, get out of their cars when the safety people are doing their job?

That was just the beginning of the drama.
We was on the last lap.

Should have got the win because was in the lead on the last lap and was spun out.
They gave the win to the black car that was running 4th the whole race.

Bad part is i was driving a buddy's car.
He broke his arm and could not drive.
My car runs in the class above this class.

I did not race last night broke a J link