Not a mower. Parker Brush cutter

DavidOH

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm trying to get my old 5200 Parker 2 stroke brush cutter running again. It seemed sized up, but on taking the spark plug out the engine turns over nicely with the pull start. Once the spark plug is back in, it will not turn over. It has no valves and I have cleaned the exhaust. Could it be carburettor problems? I'm really stumped on what it could be causing the problem.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well I wish users would get their terms right.

Are you saying that you able to pull the rope and crank the engine (rotate the engine moving parts) with only the plug but you can't crank the engine with the plug in? Or is cranking but just not starting up and running? Very different problems.

When I think not turn over I putting equipment upside down which I have taught my lawn to turn over everytime I am on a steep hill. But I just haven't be able to teach it to swim yet as it been in my pond a couple times.

DavidOH

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry if you were unable to understand my gibberish.
To clarify. I’m able to pull the rope and crank the engine (rotate the engine moving part ) with the spark plug removed. With the spark plug installed I’m unable to pull the rope to crank the engine.
I have since writing my initial message, removed the carburettor. This made no difference to the cranking problem.

Help!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Could it be possible that it has the wrong spark plug and the piston is hitting the end of the spark plug.