Noma riding lawnmower blade engagement cable broke

Reggie-2

Forum Newbie
Threads
The blade engagement cable on my old Noma riding lawnmower broke. The handle just flops back and forth. I see a small piece of broken cable were it is attached to the handle. There is thin wire with a spring and washer laying loose on the mower deck so it may be part of the setup. Does anyone have a diagram on this or a part number so I could get a new cable. I wasn't able to find anything online.The model # is E43T4020. Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please double check your model number, the number you post doesn’t show up.

Reggie-2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I looked again and the T good have been a 1 so E4314020 maybe correct then.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you live in Canada? Your Noma tractor was built by Murray. Model number E4314-020. No one seems to be supporting these units any more. In this case (I hate to say this) but I suggest you find the oldest mechanic in your area and have him look at what you have. Because of its age we can’t be of much help as we can’t see your problem. Before going to far, ask your self if the old girl is worth putting $$$ into. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
see if this looks like your PTO cable setup.
1714511640303.png

If so try Murray PN 328369MA.

Reggie-2

Forum Newbie
Threads
View attachment 68519

Yes, the spring with the wire and washer is what I can see, the other is missing so I guess that is what fell off. Thanks, I will try the Murray PN.

Reggie-2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went back to the mover deck and and did see the other parts, but I don't quite understand how it should connect to the idler pulley. Does anyone have and any pictures of this or a diagram that would be helpful. Thanks again

Reggie-2

Forum Newbie
Threads
View attachment 68519

I got this part and hooked it up to the lever, but I don't know where the long spring with the washer goes, it must hook up to the idler pulley, but there is too much cable left so there is something I am missing. I haven't been able to find a diagram yet on how it hooks up. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks