No Spark

Threads
I bought a 1970 JD 110 last weekend. It has a 1968 Kohler k241AS 8HP cast iron engine serial number 5103758 It will not fire and is not getting any spark. I have replaced the condenser, spark plug, spark plug wire. i have tried putting a jumper on the + side of the coil with 12v direct from the battery and still nothing. could it be the points, or the coil that's bad? i also have replaced a broken wire that came from the positive side of the coil to the front lower of the engine block. I'm not sure what that is but its replaced. I have also replaced the Air filter and fuel filter. I know it has nothing to do with the no spark issue just though id add it on here. any help would be great! also is anyone has a wiring diagram so i can go through this thing and check it that would be a huge help.

Threads
ok I got it running today. took a piece of sand paper and cleaned the contacts on the points. very simple and quick fix. thanks for the help.

Threads
ok I got it running today. took a piece of sand paper and cleaned the contacts on the points. very simple and quick fix. thanks for the help.

Glad you figured out what your problem was...and thanks for TELLING us, a lot of people don't follow up.

Threads

You might want to have a set of points on standby just in case glad you got it going.

Threads
well i the old 110 out on her maiden voyage and buried it in the mud. I didnt intend to but its a little soggy out there. The worst part was when i ran out of gas and didnt have anymore. i had to get the 2009 LA145 out and put it out. I'm surprised it actually got enough grip and the rear end took the abuse of pulling it out too :thumbsup: