No spark - Gordon

gordo2023

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just because it fires out side the cylinder @ .030 does not mean it will fire under compression. To similate compression the gap outside the cylinder has to be at least 1/4 inch.

gordo2023

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do not follow your thinking! Are you referring to the plug gap or the spark arc?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do not follow your thinking! Are you referring to the plug gap or the spark arc?
you have to have a tester that has a gap of at least 1/4 inch gap for the spark to jump

gordo2023

Forum Newbie
Threads
After so many attempts I, using advice from others, decided to check the valves again and found I did not have the exhaust push rod in place! The engine started when fixed but knocked loudly and finally died. Do not know where to go from here!

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
After so many attempts I, using advice from others, decided to check the valves again and found I did not have the exhaust push rod in place! The engine started when fixed but knocked loudly and finally died. Do not know where to go from here!
The push rod sits in a tiny indentation on the tappet, down the cylinder head valve valley. When you think you have push rod in correct place, rotate the engine to make sure intake and exhaust valve are moving. Then you have to set the valves to correct clearance. If you do not know how to set valves, take it to shop, don’t guess.

gordo2023

Forum Newbie
Threads

The push rod sits in a tiny indentation on the tappet, down the cylinder head valve valley. When you think you have push rod in correct place, rotate the engine to make sure intake and exhaust valve are moving. Then you have to set the valves to correct clearance. If you do not know how to set valves, take it to shop, don’t guess.

gordo2023

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why the loud knocking and then dying after a start-up?