No crank No start Ariens Apex 52

Accx4

Forum Newbie
Threads
Running out of ideas. Mower worked fine previously but got parked for No Mow May. Now we have no crank, no click, no nothing. Battery checks 13.14v. Have 13.14v at the solenoid. Cranks if I short the two terminals together. Bypassed seat sensor, swapped out ignition switch, cleaned all connections, checked all fuses, including the inline down near the solenoid.

When I test the ignition switch, I have the feed power but it appears nothing past that. On both switches I have. I may need to investigate that in the daylight tomorrow. Otherwise, I am at a loss. Anyone have any thoughts? I have checked all connections, cleaned plugs and prongs and haven't come across anything loose or chewed. As the solenoid was tested, I can only assume it is one no start sensor or another, brake, pto, seat, etc. Thanks in advance!

Bertrrr

Threads
Jump battery voltage to the solenoid small terminal and see if it kicks the solenoid into play , if it does , it's either a safety switch holding you out or a bad ignition switch. These safety switches are not easy to bypass I've found I think they're wired in series so all would have to be jumped out at the same time

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In place of guessing how about downloading your parts book from the Ariens web page then checking the wiring according to the wiring diagram.
If you have troubles reading it the post your full model & serial numbers so we can refer to the correct manual for your mower.
Most times Aries like to run 2 circuits for cranking
Power goes through the key switch, PTO switch & parking brake switch
Ground goes through the lap bars
Some times this power & ground go directly to the solenoid, and other times they go to a relay and it sends power to the solenoid trigger wire .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You need the six digit model from the serial to look up the IPL.

Meanwhile is a schematic from the 991159.
1685975704398.png