Export thread

New Yard Force 120 volt cordless self-propelled lawn mower

MowerMike

MowerMike

I just saw this for sale on Amazon for $799.99. It’s rather pricey, but seems to be a step above the current crop of cordless lawn mowers. The deck is 22”, so the blade should be about 21”. It comes with two 300 Wh batteries and promises up to 110 minutes of runtime.

https://www.yardforceusa.com/yf120vrx-lawnmower

MowerMike

MowerMike

The price has dropped $100 to $699.99. Still pricey, but a bit more reasonable.

https://www.amazon.com/Lithium-Ion-...d=1511493493&sr=8-1&keywords=yard+force+mower

This is listed as a Black Friday sale, so the price may go up again in a few days. We shall see.

Mark Widmer

Mark Widmer

Interesting mower. First I've heard of a 120 V battery system.

I imagine the high price is from its (1) self-propelled, (2) extra power feature for cutting through tall or wet grass, and (3) 2nd battery included with the mower. But it's been years since I've been in the market for a mower myself, and I don't know what has become the norm these days.

Inability to cut wet grass was always a shortcoming of my B&D CMM1000.

MowerMike

MowerMike

Actually, this is the second 120 vdc battery system. The first was the Redback product series, but the mower is push.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Redback...ttery-Walk-Behind-Push-Mower-106648/301992479

Mark Widmer

Mark Widmer

The first was the Redback product series, but the mower is push.

Looks like there is a self-propelled version available too, according to the manual (available at link you gave).

MowerMike

MowerMike

Looks like there is a self-propelled version available too, according to the manual (available at link you gave).

I don’t see the self-propelled version listed anywhere, so maybe a future product ? Anyways, there are some things I don’t like about the Redback, such as a maximum cutting height of only 3.15” (80mm) and no provision for vertical (upright) storage.

L

Lithium Man

Hello all. I plan on getting this mower. I read that 110 minute runtime is with self propelled use. So without using the self propelled feature I'm thinking you can easily get 140-150 mins of runtime. Also Yard Force has become the world’s first garden tools manufacturer brand that has obtained the UL certificate. Basically because the mower for 1 has the torque of a 160cc engine plus a long runtime.
I have a Kobalt 80v mower with the 2 batteries that charge in 30mins. I've used it all summer long & love it. I have the Ego 15" string trimmer,hedge trimmer & the 530 cfm blower. I also just got the Ego power head with the edger attachment. So while I love my Kobalt mower, I would love the runtime of the Yard Force mower. But now I'm holding out to see what Ego is coming with for the spring 2018. They're saying that the products they're bringing out are going to take the industry by storm.

MowerMike

MowerMike

Love your user name. :thumbsup:

Make sure to post a review of the mower after you use it a few times.

L

Lithium Man

Thanks. I'm obsessed with Lithium Ion equipment lol.

MowerMike

MowerMike

Well, if you didn’t buy it already, the Black Friday discount is over and the price is back up to $799.99.

L

Lithium Man

I was going to buy it a month ago but once I read that Ego has some new mystery OPE coming early spring. I decided to wait and see what they're going to bring out.

L

Lithium Man

Here's a link to what I'm talking about. Scroll down to the bottom and read the final thoughts.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/ego-products-at-gie-2017/33828/

MowerMike

MowerMike

Interesting. I wonder if EGO plans to introduce an affordable Li-Ion powered riding mower. The only EGO tools that I currently own are the 480 and 530 CFM handheld leaf blowers, and have no current plans to buy anything else from them.

B

bertsmobile1

Interesting. I wonder if EGO plans to introduce an affordable Li-Ion powered riding mower. The only EGO tools that I currently own are the 480 and 530 CFM handheld leaf blowers, and have no current plans to buy anything else from them.

If they do it will have to have a substantially longer run time than the walk behinds.
At 85 minutes, that is only just enough to do a std 1/4 acre block.
And we all have mobile phones so we all know just how quickly the battery life drops off.

AFAIK there is currently no one recycling Li batteries so they are a major pollution problem as like everything else, Joe Public simply tosses the old one in the trash.