Export thread

New Toro TITAN HD 2000 or Ferris IS700z

B

Brewtus

I have a new home with 4.5 acres to mow. It is relatively flat and completely open. The ground was prepped to be a horse pasture. It was graded, de-rocked and grass was planted. Seems to be pretty flat and smooth so I am not sure I need the absolutely best suspension out there. I am looking for something solid that will do a good job and last me a very long time.

I have narrowed it down to the New Toro TITAN HD 2000 60"(Kohler ZT740) (quoted $6800+tax for cash) and the Ferris IS700z 61" with the Kawasaki FS730V (quoted $6898 + tax for cash).

I have read that the Ferris suspension on the 700z isn't what it is on the bigger models and it is somewhat of a gimmick. If that is the case I could just go with the Snapper S125xt. I would go to the S200xt but I would have to go with the B&S Comm Turf Series engine for that price range and it seemed like I want to avoid that engine if possible.

The TITAN HD has a suspension deck that might be all I need and has bigger tires than the 700z.

Any comments on these choices would be greatly appreciated.

J

Jack17

Both machines are great but I'd go with Toro/ExMark product because of customer/dealer support and ease of getting parts if and when needed.

J

Jack17

But...if your lot is wide open (just maybe) you should consider buying a tractor. You know...with a good tractor you could put it to "work" other then just mowing grass? Remember...when it comes down to mowing - nothing stripes like Simplicity!

I've wondered about Toros new "My Ride*" Floating Deck you ride on, when that moves wouldn't it make your hands move on the lap bars ?

J

Jack17

I've wondered about Toros new "My Ride*" Floating Deck you ride on, when that moves wouldn't it make your hands move on the lap bars ?

I just watched their demo and it looks awesome!!! Lap bars have damper struts in them so no big deal there.

Interesting, Thanks Jack.

My Toro 4260 has damper struts on the bars as well.