Export thread

New starter works great, now a loose wire..

D

Digiacomo

I replaced the starter and gave the alternator wires a little tug to see if they were not pinched in back of the starter....and came up with a black wire loose in my hand..........guess I tugged too much..........sooooo I pulled the flywheel {had to make a puller] .......I don't think it had ever been off??........

Question is..........[after i finally found the hole that the wire came from] ......Can strip a little off the end and stick it back in there with a little glue of some kind and
hope for the best..............or can i try to break away some of that black Plastic insulation and try to solder it back in.....................OR....try to find a new one that will work???

B

bertsmobile1

No idea of what you are talking about
Please pop some photos up

D

Digiacomo

black stator wire pulled out of stator........some call them alternaters don't they??.........sorry i confused you.......I think i have it fixed...thanks for the reply

S

SamB

No idea of what you are talking about
Please pop some photos up
Kill wire, I'd bet.

D

Digiacomo

kill wire goes to mag.....[kill wire on this motor ran around the other side to the throttle linkage, then to the mag]....there are two wires coming out of the stator, red and black....I have it back together and it is running and charging.......thanks..........Happy Thanksgiving,,,,,