Export thread

New Owner Raptor SD 54" - Immediate trouble

D

debate76

Purchased a Raptor SD yesterday and it was delivered this morning. Cut out of work a little early….couldn't wait
to get home and try it out. Second pass around the yard and the belly mower disengaged. Couldn't get the blades
spinning again so drove it up on the driveway to take a look. Noticed the belt was off the back pulley on the belly mower.
Pulled the guards off on each side of the belly and the pulley on the left side was completely off the bolt. Appears there was a
washer between the pulley and the nut that completely sheered off into multiple pieces and the inner pulley hole was all
torn up. Anyone else have any problems like this? Very frustrating to make 2 laps on a $4k mower and it craps out already.
This was my first time driving a ZT but I can't imagine anything that I would've done could've caused this. Dealer is coming
get it in the morning to make it good and do the repairs but it's certainly disheartening. My grass was a couple weeks since
a cut and the yard is a little bumpy but everything I've read about these mowers has been positive and well built.
Man, I hope this is just a fluke.

Attachments

BlazNT

BlazNT

First sorry for the problems. Next statement. You have not been reading enough of the reviews. Lots of problems with that mower. Question. What is the OD of the pulley?

Carscw

Carscw

Wow not a broke sd.
Do a search on here and read about other problems with this mower.

K

kraky

Sounds like an issue with an assembly line worker.... maybe a defective part.
One guy here has hit a metal stake so hard he stalled his raptor sd and didn't do any damage. I've got a buddy that bought a $9,000 Gravely that had a problem just like this... they forgot to put some bolts in at the factory.... it happens. Hopefully your dealer has you flying soon!

RhettWS

RhettWS

I'm in agreement with Kraky. Yes there are a few problems with this mower. I have never seen this one and I suspect it is a factory issue. There is another thread about he bolts holding the drive units in place working loose. Dutifully, I checked mine and mine where not loose and where actually inserted in the correct direction, not upside down. I have to guess the bolt issue was also a factory line issue for some number of units.

Good luck! Overall I am pleased with my mower considering what I paid for it.

T

turboawd

i've never seen a washer crack into pieces. that is weird.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I'm going with a fluke mine has been stellar since buying it earlier this summer - first thing I did was take it to our neighborhood park that hadn't been mowed in a while to stress test it and it chewed thru everything

mhavanti

mhavanti

Ladies and Gents,

If I may, Hustler, doesn't manufacture the fastners utilized in the assembly of their machinery, just as the infamous Toro CARSAC is so fond of. Needless to say, there isnt' one manufacturer in the world that manufactures their product from cradle to grave.

Same for their employees. If the company has been open longer than a week, most likely one or more employees didn't show up for work before the end of the week once the physical or mental labor began.

Shyte is going to happen to your equipment whether you bought it or built it. I operated a machine shop building race products. Our products were each and every one QC'd by myself before my signature was stamped into the product. Whether it was a crankshaft, a porting job on someone else's heads, a transmission clutch pack. It was time consuming and became very hard to keep up with QC and be at the track for promotions, speak to customers that wanted to speak to me for a quote or just a meeting with the staff for photo ops, etc.

Our products failed from time to time as all racing is many times harder on parts than a normal low RPM run down to the produce stand with the grocery getter. However, when a part failed, I wanted to know what the situation was during the time of failure so I could make it better, stronger and produce a product that would withstand more pressures, become less fatigue stressed than other's products.

If an alignment problem is present, you'll lose a belt, if a washer breaks, you'll usually find the washer had a fischer in the metal from the donor sheet metal it was stamped. Bolts can loosen if the threads one the bolt are at a 1/4 degree difference in pitch than the nut it is mated with.

My point is, a Toro could have come with that washer and it wouldn't have been a problem, however, if that washer was provided to Hustler, there is a member that would rant on the name of the mower from now on. This all comes down to, Shyte Happens when it comes to parts and it isn't always the assembler's fault. It isn't always a fault of the design. It can simply be you heard a story on it in this age of instant communications and you wouldn't have before the internet and cell phones that doesn't cost you a long distance charge.

I maintain if you're not running them like you stole them and you're not running them hard enough. If you break it, fix it and its time for everyone to put their big boys pants on and provide help to those that needs it and stop running down products. Time to help improve each other's forum experiences.

I'm all in,

Later ladies and gents.

Max

577jersey

Ahh its a good mower,,somebody forgot to torque that pulley bolt up properly at the factory.
Mine has been running like a top for 56 hours and a tensioner spring let loose,,replace it today and she ran all day long out in the 104+ heat.
Good mower you just need to keep an eye on the nuts and bolts.
Hopefully this mower will last me 1000 hours,,my next mower is going to be a Bobcat CRZ,,they are really nice solid mowers in the same price range.
I would have got a Bobcat instead but pulled the trigger too fast on my SD,,now i have to baby her :)

577jersey

I'm in agreement with Kraky. Yes there are a few problems with this mower. I have never seen this one and I suspect it is a factory issue. There is another thread about he bolts holding the drive units in place working loose. Dutifully, I checked mine and mine where not loose and where actually inserted in the correct direction, not upside down. I have to guess the bolt issue was also a factory line issue for some number of units.

Good luck! Overall I am pleased with my mower considering what I paid for it.
Hey bro,,how many hours do you have on your RSD?

mhavanti

mhavanti

Guys and gals,

If you have a bolt loosen up, simply remove the bolt or nut, add a drop of blue "Lock-Tite" to the starting threads and you'll not have a problem anytime soon.

Also, consider you're riding a stick horse and each bump the stick horse comes across, it multiplies it through the non-sprung chassis. If I tie your feet to the back of my truck bumper and drag you around my yard which I spent twenty grand on to do the landscaping and sprinklers. I asked for glass smooth and my yard is far from smooth, let alone glass smooth. Now, back to dragging you around the yard. If your head is making contact with my Non-Glass Smooth yard, it will have the shyte slapped out of it no matter the speed I drag you around and over this yard.

How long before you have a brain fart? Will your eyes pop out of the sockets? Do you think there may be a concussion? I can tell you that lawnmowers do have bolt failures, springs breaking and it does NOT make any difference the manufacturer. Read thru all the forums, every brand has had many posts about these problems. It is simply because you're riding it on rough surfaces. Your fault, not the design of the mower. Mowers historically don't have sprung suspensions.

I still maintain, run'em like you stole'em, fix'em if you break'em. And, you are going to break them.

Jersey, I believe you'll get your thousand hours and wouldn't be at all surprised you'll get three thousand with maintenance and a little love.

Everyone have a great weekend.

577jersey

Guys and gals,

If you have a bolt loosen up, simply remove the bolt or nut, add a drop of blue "Lock-Tite" to the starting threads and you'll not have a problem anytime soon.

Also, consider you're riding a stick horse and each bump the stick horse comes across, it multiplies it through the non-sprung chassis. If I tie your feet to the back of my truck bumper and drag you around my yard which I spent twenty grand on to do the landscaping and sprinklers. I asked for glass smooth and my yard is far from smooth, let alone glass smooth. Now, back to dragging you around the yard. If your head is making contact with my Non-Glass Smooth yard, it will have the shyte slapped out of it no matter the speed I drag you around and over this yard.

How long before you have a brain fart? Will your eyes pop out of the sockets? Do you think there may be a concussion? I can tell you that lawnmowers do have bolt failures, springs breaking and it does NOT make any difference the manufacturer. Read thru all the forums, every brand has had many posts about these problems. It is simply because you're riding it on rough surfaces. Your fault, not the design of the mower. Mowers historically don't have sprung suspensions.

I still maintain, run'em like you stole'em, fix'em if you break'em. And, you are going to break them.

Jersey, I believe you'll get your thousand hours and wouldn't be at all surprised you'll get three thousand with maintenance and a little love.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Great post brother!!!
Hey I may just keep this mower just too see how many hours i can get out of it,,either way my next zero turn is going to be a Bobcat CRZ..they are really nice mowers,,check them out.

mhavanti

mhavanti

That's funny because the Bobcat was my third choice behind the Hustler and Big Dog. The worst part of those things may be if it runs out of gas in tall grass, it may never be found again with all that green paint. lol

There is only one thing I like about the BobCat so far over the RSD and that is the oil drain hose that is destined to fail after a few years. Other than that and if a person replaces the hose and keeps an eye on the connectors where it meets the block, it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't like the open bearings in the front spindles because sealed bearings are safer in wet areas like Florida and Arkansas. Lack of being able to tension (preload) the spindle bearings when you replace them is a failure built in down the road. Shouldn't be a huge problem overall. I'm just an old engineer and machinist that can't handle a lot of slack that will relate to longevity.

Maybe we can get BobCat to give you and I one each to run the crap out of and do a two year review for them!!!

577jersey

That's funny because the Bobcat was my third choice behind the Hustler and Big Dog. The worst part of those things may be if it runs out of gas in tall grass, it may never be found again with all that green paint. lol

There is only one thing I like about the BobCat so far over the RSD and that is the oil drain hose that is destined to fail after a few years. Other than that and if a person replaces the hose and keeps an eye on the connectors where it meets the block, it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't like the open bearings in the front spindles because sealed bearings are safer in wet areas like Florida and Arkansas. Lack of being able to tension (preload) the spindle bearings when you replace them is a failure built in down the road. Shouldn't be a huge problem overall. I'm just an old engineer and machinist that can't handle a lot of slack that will relate to longevity.

Maybe we can get BobCat to give you and I one each to run the crap out of and do a two year review for them!!!
Oh yeah,,well im glad you speak highly of the RSD!
I was thinking I made a mistake buying the mower so fast and not waiting...but so far its been a great mower and I beat on it pretty good..60 hours in one month and only had a spring fail..everything else on my mower is tight and solid so far so good so well keep hammering it till the end of the season and let ya know :)

What I might add is if you are using a RSD as much as I am,,wouldn’t hurt to keep a spare hydro belt,couple of tensioner springs,deck belt,and a couple quick snap connectors for the deck hangers on hand just in case..other than that good to go!

Ten four on the CRZ for free,that would be a nice surprise to find in my driveway :)

K

kraky

Although 2 consistent posters will jump my behind for saying this... I still say the raptor SD is a heck of a value for around $3,800! Is it Flawless ....no.... but overall it's a good value. One of my buddies has a $9,000 Gravely. Shortly after delivery he found out but they had forgotten to put some pretty important bolts in the spindles... at about 200 hours his Governor went out on his engine... now at 350 hours he had a fuse bank meltdown. Poop does happen... even to the expensive machines!

577jersey

Although 2 consistent posters will jump my behind for saying this... I still say the raptor SD is a heck of a value for around $3,800! Is it Flawless ....no.... but overall it's a good value. One of my buddies has a $9,000 Gravely. Shortly after delivery he found out but they had forgotten to put some pretty important bolts in the spindles... at about 200 hours his Governor went out on his engine... now at 350 hours he had a fuse bank meltdown. Poop does happen... even to the expensive machines!
Thats ok,,let them jump on you for saying it,,Im hoping to get over 1000 hours out of mine then It will just speak for itself and they cant say anything:tongue:
BTW-The RSD payed for itself in about 50 hours and makes lots of $$ every week so Im happy,,heck 300 hours 3 years who really cares,could buy one every 3 years and still make out ahead of the game with what Im doing....,,thats a pretty good warranty,,I think Bobcat CRZ is 5 years though..even better.

K

kraky

The good news for my buddy is that the gravely dealer here in town had seen these problems before on his Gravely and was able to come up with quick efficient fixes.
Because of that my buddy is still happy with this purchase and very loyal to the dealer. Having a good dealer when something pops up is really a big part of the battle. When I read posts here that machine's are returned dripping gas and dealers admit they never fixed the problem it really makes you shake your head!

mhavanti

mhavanti

There is a fella that bought a RSD two weeks ago, has 96 hours on it. Already on this third oil change and coming up on his fourth. Probably already done it by now. At this rate, he'll have 875 hours approximately on it before the end of mowing season in Arkansas.

If you consider he is charging on an average of 65 dollars per hour as he has the high end neighborhood around the golf courses and doing very well in my opinion. $65 x 875 = $56,875 minus expenses and I'd go out on the limb and figure gasoline, oil changes, blades, belt or two, maybe a pair of rear tires, we're talking about $750 if he were to hire all of this done. He is on the high side of income in mid Arkansas.

I've already spoken to him about picking up 4 more of them, hire an operator for each and a secondary man for each mower to run the weed eaters, push mowers and blowers, he can turn his little RSD into a fleet of 5 mowers, pickups, trailors, 10 men, ten weed eaters, 5 blowers. If you consider each employee during the season will cost him approximately $10.50 and hour for about 1212 hours each. That comes down to $12,726 each and that comes to $63,530.

So, if he puts in 1212 hours per man for the 5 operators at 10.50 is 63.350, his trim guys at 8.50x1212= $10,302 eac x 5 = $51,150. Insurance, maintenance, parts and fuel. 12,500; 5 RSDs $17,500, 10 Weed Eaters $2,250

$393,900
$246,970 Approximate Net.

Jersey, I think he'll do alright if he'll become the business man I think he can become. This is better than most small businesses are doing today.

Plus, he can purchase all new equipment each year and now worry about all the wear and tear catching up with him. Excess the old machinery to his secondary (trim) men each year and put the new equipment under the men or women that takes care of and works them as hard as the machines can run. The owner can spend all his time smoozing the customers and keeping them happy, plus doing quality control to make sure he isn't losing the loyal customers.

577jersey

Thats awesome bro!!!!
Yeah if you cut commercially for 1000 hours a season you can easily afford to just throw that machine out at the end of the year and get a new one..kinda like the push mower guys around here,,they buy 2 new TB 360 mowers a year for $369 each then cut 90 lawns a week for 25 weeks,,then just throw them out or give them away at the end....each mower makes sooooooo much $$ its unreal!!

You figure I put 2 seasons on my RSD in one month already..most home owners only put 25 hours a year on a machine.The way it looks I may only put 150-200 a year on mine cause its not my only mower,,I have a 48 Bobcat walker with a Velke that I love!!

Keep us posted on your buddy bro..sounds real interesting!!

Tom

mhavanti

mhavanti

The stand on mowers are all but gone in Arkansas. You just don't see them anymore. I thought the Hustler and Ferris motorcycle seat jobs looked interesting, but then, probably would be harder on the old broken back than a chair ride.

As an aside, three breaks are enough.

You should be able to keep that RSD busy 10 months of the year I'd think in Florida. You should do very well.

577jersey

Im in Jersey we cut from around mid April till November usually with May and June being the hammer time,,last season I cut my last one December 17th,,never forget it!

I like my walker with velke cause its sooooo good holding slopes,it will go anywhere my 22" push will..and being a 48" you can cover some ground wit it.
Not the best ride but always gets the job done,getting onto the Hustler after is like getting into a Cadillac from a Volkswagen bug..lol

These machines are all very simple nothing too em,frame,hydros,engine,PTO,belts,deck,couple cables,springs,couple linkages, and pulleys..if it breaks,,just fix it,,like you said,,run it like you stole it!!

Take care bro!!!

Tom

Carscw

Carscw

There is a fella that bought a RSD two weeks ago, has 96 hours on it. Already on this third oil change and coming up on his fourth. Probably already done it by now. At this rate, he'll have 875 hours approximately on it before the end of mowing season in Arkansas. If you consider he is charging on an average of 65 dollars per hour as he has the high end neighborhood around the golf courses and doing very well in my opinion. $65 x 875 = $56,875 minus expenses and I'd go out on the limb and figure gasoline, oil changes, blades, belt or two, maybe a pair of rear tires, we're talking about $750 if he were to hire all of this done. He is on the high side of income in mid Arkansas. I've already spoken to him about picking up 4 more of them, hire an operator for each and a secondary man for each mower to run the weed eaters, push mowers and blowers, he can turn his little RSD into a fleet of 5 mowers, pickups, trailors, 10 men, ten weed eaters, 5 blowers. If you consider each employee during the season will cost him approximately $10.50 and hour for about 1212 hours each. That comes down to $12,726 each and that comes to $63,530. So, if he puts in 1212 hours per man for the 5 operators at 10.50 is 63.350, his trim guys at 8.50x1212= $10,302 eac x 5 = $51,150. Insurance, maintenance, parts and fuel. 12,500; 5 RSDs $17,500, 10 Weed Eaters $2,250 $393,900 - 63,530 - 51,150 - 12,500 - 17,500 - 2,250 $246,970 Approximate Net. Jersey, I think he'll do alright if he'll become the business man I think he can become. This is better than most small businesses are doing today. Plus, he can purchase all new equipment each year and now worry about all the wear and tear catching up with him. Excess the old machinery to his secondary (trim) men each year and put the new equipment under the men or women that takes care of and works them as hard as the machines can run. The owner can spend all his time smoozing the customers and keeping them happy, plus doing quality control to make sure he isn't losing the loyal customers.

This is what I do but I use the timecutter SS5000
$3000
I run 4 of them plus a couple BIG mowers. They each have over 2000 hours on them one has over 3000 hours. Never have had a big money break down. They are 4 years old.
I looked at the SD I think it's ok but not for what I do. We run all year long. This winter I will sell them for half of what I paid for them. And go with bad boy next year.
There are some on here that just done get why I use a $3000 mower and not a $10.000 mower. Will not spend more on a mower then it will make in a week.

Carscw

Carscw

I know you been waiting for me to jump on this.
Maybe in a couple more years they will have the bugs worked out. Every year there is a new issue with them.
Maybe next year they will change the deck then it will be close to a $4000 mower. I just feel there are other mowers that are better for 4 grand.

One of my Toro's went threw 2 Kawasaki engines in less then 300 hours so I get sh#t happens.

K

kraky

I've always been the kind of guy that roots for the underdog!
Kind of glad we've got some Open minded guys on the forum here that are going to put the underdog to the test!
No matter what the brand is I always love hearing stories about machines that Perform way above their pay scale. Here's to hoping we can get them cheaper Hustlers up on the pedestal with the Beloved Toro TimeCutters...... Not trying to be a smart alec..... It does sound like those toros Did pretty proper!

577jersey

I think the Bobcat CRV might be better but the added weight might put a strain on those 2800s,,the RSD is light as a feather especially with my 180 pound butt on it :)

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I've always been the kind of guy that roots for the underdog!
Kind of glad we've got some Open minded guys on the forum here that are going to put the underdog to the test!
No matter what the brand is I always love hearing stories about machines that Perform way above their pay scale. Here's to hoping we can get them cheaper Hustlers up on the pedestal with the Beloved Toro TimeCutters...... Not trying to be a smart alec..... It does sound like those toros Did pretty proper!

interesting tidbit found on wikipedia for toro - I suspected as much as they looked so familiar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toro_(company)
In 2007, the low-end lawn and garden tractor product manufacturing was outsourced to MTD Products, to be sold at Home Depot stores

too many brand names that people associate with quality because of company history is now being built by MTD in a cookie cutter fashion IMHO

funny thing I found with the cub cadet I just sold that was made by MTD - the blades if stamped MTD with the same number is $20 less than if they are stamped with cub cadet

K

kraky

Mtd has owned Cub Cadet for a long time.
They also made the white lawn tractor, Troy built, & Toro lawn tractors.
I don't know if they made the timecutters.

mhavanti

mhavanti

The local Lowes (Big Box Store) has stopped selling Toro mowers due to an inordinate amount of service calls and flat out returns. Hussies are also on their chopping list and just this week, the 10 Hustlers usually on hand have grown to over 20 and the orange, green and yellow and red mowers have all shrunk. Move over MTD people Hustler is in the house.

T

turboawd

The local Lowes (Big Box Store) has stopped selling Toro mowers due to an inordinate amount of service calls and flat out returns. Hussies are also on their chopping list and just this week, the 10 Hustlers usually on hand have grown to over 20 and the orange, green and yellow and red mowers have all shrunk. Move over MTD people Hustler is in the house.

i think many are getting tired of the cheap box store machines. thats what got me looking for something better.

Carscw

Carscw

I don't remember lowes ever selling toro around here. Home Depot sells them. I get mine at a dealer for less money.
Lowes sells junkdeere
Cub cadet owns mtd and still makes a very good mower. I feel cub makes the best riding mower. And their zero turns are very good for the money.

mhavanti

mhavanti

If you're looking for a riding mower first thing I do is look for bolt on rear wheels. If you have to use a torch to remove the wheels after a minute. You are going to have much more work than simply hitting the lug nuts and gaining access to the axles. Not that is necessary often, however, it is cheap to cut a spline.

There are things you look for on a zero turn as well. Sealed bearings are a must. I don't believe there is one unit out there that has every item we all want in one mower. If so, I haven't found it and the prices have gotten ridiculous no matter the buy in level you're looking for.

K

kraky

The cheap box store Mowers actually serve a purpose..... if they are properly fitted to the property owner. In my little town in north-central Wisconsin We mow about 30 times a year.... the average homeowner in town has about a half acre lot and it's done in 30 minutes. Those $1,700 lawn tractors can actually easily go 15 to 20 years for those people. The guy across the street has been running a John Deere Sabre for 20 years with hardly a repair... he weighs 300 pounds and scalps his lawn down to the last inch and a half every time he mows. The guy next door to me has been running a Poulan lawn tractor for about 7 years without a repair and actually does a pretty nice job of mowing. Even though the lots are only one half acre there's only about two people on the whole street that still do it with a push mower... I'm kind of the king with a Hustler FasTrak 54 but my lot goes back a little further and is a whole whopping 3/4 acre. The king can only hope he doesn't get knocked off the throne by an errant breakdown of the Hustler in front of the peasants of the kingdom. Me thinks the peasants would quite enjoy it ....lol! Actually we're a pretty humble well knit neighborhood......lol

mhavanti

mhavanti

The local here sold Huskies, Toro, Troys, JDs and last year as all of them did, picked up Hustler. They've dropped the Toro as I said earlier, almost tripled their Hustler stock, only have 5 JDs and 4 Huskies when I drove by this morning to the Micky D's for the egg Mac.

One of the things I noticed on the Toro and Troys are the seats while sitting in the summer sun shrinks and pulls away from their crimped seat buckets. Looks bad and doesn't feel good. Makes it hard to sell when on the floor. Something that would be easy to fix, but would add to cost of manufacture. Doesn't keep the mow quality, only rider comfort and aesthetics.

I have no ill will toward a toro at all. Matter of fact, the contour of their seat fits my old broken back better than any other. That almost sold me on them because broken backs result in life long pain.

Enjoy your day Car!

mhavanti

mhavanti

I still have a 1996 MTD Yardman all wheel steer with a lowly Kohler Command 16 HP. 42" cut with the original deck belt. One of the spindle bearings is making an egregious noise that is telling me: Change Me, Change Me. Of course, after all these years and having to change the drive belts, rebuild the rear axle carrier and all the hood and side cover plastic breaking off. I'm keeping it because it takes care of a couple things the 60" RSD can't possibly do. The old mowers can still come in handy.

M

michigan_Rapter sd

I don't remember lowes ever selling toro around here. Home Depot sells them. I get mine at a dealer for less money.
Lowes sells junkdeere
Cub cadet owns mtd and still makes a very good mower. I feel cub makes the best riding mower. And their zero turns are very good for the money.

MTD owns cub cadet -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cub_Cadet

K

kraky

Mtd has owned Cub for a long time. I've been out of the John Deere dealership for over 10 years and it was a number of years before that. The Cub Cadet of old had a pretty loyal following.... it was pretty shocking for former owners to find out from our salespeople that MTD was making them. Mtd was also a master of making things look much brawnier than they were. Like bolting the rear wheels to a hub and then mounting The Hub by keyway on the axle... but the bolts did look good!

BlazNT

BlazNT

Not correct. MTD purchased Cub Cadet
"In 1981, IH sold the Cub Cadet division to the MTD corporation, which took over production and use of the Cub Cadet brand name (without the IH symbol), to present day"

577jersey

Lowes sells junkdeere
Cub makes a great little walker too,,I have a buddy who puts 1000 hours a season on one..great little walk behind,,me...I like to sit now,plus there is nothing more
maneuverable
than a zero turn IMO.

BlazNT

BlazNT

"MTD Products, Inc., of Cleveland, Ohio, purchased the Cub Cadet brand from International Harvester in 1981. Cub Cadet was held as a wholly owned subsidiary for many years following this acquisition, which allowed them to operate independently. At first, MTD retained many of the same models from the International Harvester-produced models. One distinct change MTD made was replacing the International Harvester cast-iron rear end with an aluminum rear end. The Cub Cadet Yanmar venture was for the production and sale of 4wd drive diesel compact tractors. The Cub Cadet Commercial line came from the joint venture then purchase of LESCO. These statements can be verified in Hank Will's book 50 Years of Cub Cadet, and www.cubcadet.com. The Cub Cadet Yanmar partnership was modified in 2011."
MTD is now the maker of Cub Cadet. The MTD model is being followed by Cub Cadet.

577jersey

I remember my neighbour had an old cub cadet back when I was about 10 years old in 1980,,that tractor was sooooo fast man,,i loved it,,we would wheel around the fields on that thing like it was a four wheeler..it had to have gone 12-15 mph from what I remember,,the engine was a horizontal like the old Wheel Horse.

mhavanti

mhavanti

What is this?!!!!

Yesterday, 12:10 PM #1
Fleckcrowe

Mower
Toro

Toro timecutter z4235

Having trouble with starting my mower when I turn the key I here a click coming from solenoid but that's it turning key on and off once a while the starter will engage once in a while checked battery and all connections cleaned grounds etc. Any help would be great

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Today, 05:03 PM #2
mechanic mark

2,500 Post Club

Mower
2010 simplicity broadmoor 46" deck 20hp vanguard

Re: Toro timecutter z4235

https://www.toro.com/en/homeowner/ri...r-ss4235-74633

Scroll down page to manuals, click on year then service manual, then troubleshooting.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

577jersey

Sounds like a bad starter to me....that troubleshooting link did not work for me.

mhavanti

mhavanti

That was in the Toro forum. lol

577jersey

Ahh,,I wasn’t even paying attention..lol

577jersey

175 hours going strong..no BS here.

B

BEYTILL

Same here. 146 hrs and no problems.

577jersey

Im gonna call the dealer today to see if i qualify for the upgraded pump bracket,always like upgrades and mods,even though mine looks perfect.
With the stock bracket the trick is keeping the bolts tight or double lock nuts..if they are tight the bracket cant twist as easy.