New MX5060 Review

Brucebotti

Threads
I have been lurking on this site for quite awhile. I picked up a tremendous amount of advice and information from the great folks on this site. I finally settled on the Toro MX5060, and thought that I would share my feelings. Keep in mind, that while I am old, I am new to ZTR mowers. This review is after only two hours of use.

-Kawasaki motor is smooth. quiet, and has plenty of power.
-ZT-2800 serviceable hydro-trans units.
-Welded / fabricated deck gives a great cut and doesn't leave mounds of grass clippings. I was amazed to see just about zero clippings stuck to the underside of the deck. This is a far cry from my Craftsman lawn tractor.
-The seat is quite comfortable.
-The High/Low gear set up is a blessing. It will allow me to learn how to handle the ZTR, while giving a nice cut and keeping me from damaging too much.

Dislikes:
-The bars do not go up high enough. If I sit up straight with my feet on the rubber mat, I can't push the bars far enough forward because my knees are in the way. This is more of a minor annoyance as I can reposition my feet elsewhere.
-The Toro Call Center was of no help when I called to see which hydro fluid was used from the factory. Mine arrived with no fluid visisble in the overflow tank. I thought it was a simple question. The manual says that you can use Toro's special fluid or 20w/50 motor oil. I didn't want to mix, so I asked which was used at the factory. He said nobody knew and my choices were to use either one, or drain and refill the system with whicever one that I wanted to use. I took off one of the vent plugs and noticed that the fluid coming out was a bluish green color so I surmised that this was the Toro fluid. Again, this was a minor annoyance, and one of the things you put up with when you purchase online.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and I love the mower. If anyone has any questions on the mower please feel free to ask. Also, I would appreciate it if anyone else can share their experience with this mower.

Thanks,
Bruce

RatRacer

Threads
Good deal Bruce.
I had the same problem with the bars too, until I remembered I could slide the seat forward.:rolleyes:

Brucebotti

Threads
Good deal Bruce.
I had the same problem with the bars too, until I remembered I could slide the seat forward.:rolleyes:

RatRacer,
I'm an Engineer....we never look for simple solutions....:laughing:
Bruce

Brucebotti

Threads
Well, I've got a whopping 3.0 hours on my new ZTR and I am getting a little better at it. I am up to full throttle in low gear, and my lawn doesn't look quite as wavy. Due to rain, the grass had gotten pretty high, but I was able to blast right through it (albeit in low gear) and not leave huge clumps. I can't believe that I waited until 63 to get my first ZTR...:smile: I am loving it!
Bruce

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
:laughing::laughing::laughing: You think your lines are wavy, Try making straight lines on a Toro Grandstand. If you want real wavy lines try backing up a grandstand, it looks like I'm going around corners sometimes :laughing:

Brucebotti

Threads
:laughing::laughing::laughing: You think your lines are wavy, Try making straight lines on a Toro Grandstand. If you want real wavy lines try backing up a grandstand, it looks like I'm going around corners sometimes :laughing:

Ric,
I'm pretty codident that I can out-wave you...:laughing:
Bruce