Export thread

J

jore1944

Not really new, but first post. I have a JD X340, and old Snapper and a couple of push mowers. The X340 choke lever is stuck and I can't utilize the choke. That is my next task in the never ending effort to maintain all of my power equipment. I don't even want to talk about my chain saws, hedge trimmers and brush cutter, none of which are running.

Boobala

Boobala

Not really new, but first post. I have a JD X340, and old Snapper and a couple of push mowers. The X340 choke lever is stuck and I can't utilize the choke. That is my next task in the never ending effort to maintain all of my power equipment. I don't even want to talk about my chain saws, hedge trimmers and brush cutter, none of which are running.

AHHhh... I see a lack of maintenance here !!

giphy.gif

2 things to remember, ALWAYS take pics of what you're working on, they save headaches later, and if you seek help HERE , we need your machines info. ( see example ) ..

GET INFO.JPG

A

adal

a warm welcome to the forum Jore 1944 hope all works out for you best of Luck Alan

J

jore1944

AHHhh... I see a lack of maintenance here !!

View attachment 33923

2 things to remember, ALWAYS take pics of what you're working on, they save headaches later, and if you seek help HERE , we need your machines info. ( see example ) ..

View attachment 33924

It's more of a lack of frequent use and a matter of age, the equipment and me, than a lack of maintenance.

I did resolve the stuck choke problem today. About a three hour job to remove the hood, a shroud around the muffler and the throttle/choke assembly and taking apart the throttle/choke lever assemble. The problem was the choke cable (not really a cable) was hard stuck, i guess from the accumulation of dust and moisture over the years. I was able to free it up by spraying brake parts cleaner into the cable housing and working it free with pliers. I then continued to spray the cleaner until it seemed to be free of and sticking. I then lubricated it with silicone lubricant and machine oil. Problem solved, but not easily. The entire process took over three hours, but if i have to do it again I can probably do it in 90 minutes or less.

J

jore1944

a warm welcome to the forum Jore 1944 hope all works out for you best of Luck Alan

Thanks Alan.

I did resolve the stuck choke problem today. About a three hour job to remove the hood, a shroud around the muffler and the throttle/choke assembly and taking apart the throttle/choke lever assemble. The problem was the choke cable (not really a cable) was hard stuck, i guess from the accumulation of dust and moisture over the years. I was able to free it up by spraying brake parts cleaner into the cable housing and working it free with pliers. I then continued to spray the cleaner until it seemed to be free of any sticking. I then lubricated it with silicone lubricant and machine oil. Problem solved, but not easily. The entire process took over three hours, but if i have to do it again I can probably do it in 90 minutes or less.

Catherine

Catherine

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum. It seems like you might be here for a while :cool: